Search Me!

Loading...

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wolf Fever by Terry Spear

Wolf Fever
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402237529
Pages: 416 pgs
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/Shapeshifter
Challenges-Read’n’Review Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge
Rating:





Summary from Publisher:
She may be his destiny, but she's not his first choice...

Hospital nurse and newly turned red werewolf Carol Woods is being pressured by her pack leader to find a mate, but he's the only guy in the pack who remotely attracts her.

Why is he playing so hard to get?

The fate of the pack rests on his shoulders...

Gray pack leader Ryan McKinley doesn't want anything to do with Carol unless she's willing to embrace her wolf nature-no matter how beautiful she is.

But when a virus infects the local lupus garou pack, Ryan realizes just how wrong he's been not to seize the moment with the woman he's come to love. And now, it may be too late...

My Review:
This is only the second book in this series that I have read. It goes against very instinct that I have to jump into the middle/end of a series but I did it. I do have to say that with this series I did not mind so much. Each book and each couple is so different from that last that it's easy to pretend that it's not a part of a series.

I liked both Carol and Ryan. They had this great push and pull relationship. Carol was harangued by her pack leader into finding a mate and Ryan was a pack leader who does not want to mate with Carol because she is not comfortable with her wolf nature. It works perfectly and creates just the right amount of tension to make it interesting.

This is my second favorite shapeshifter series (second only to Lydia Dare's series). The writing is good, the action is compelling and the romance is, of course, amazing. I really loved the action in this one. Perhaps even more so than the romance. I loved the whole virus plot. It was interesting without being contrived.

I definitely have to catch up with this series because I have loved both books I have picked up. Maybe as my belated Christmas gift to myself.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for loving my books, Grace! I definitely feel you should get the rest of the books for yourself for post-Christmas. LOL! Have a Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio