Search Me!


Friday, January 7, 2011

Review: Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros

Goodnight TweetheartPublisher: Gallery
Pages:  240 pgs
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Challenges-Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

Summary from Publisher:
Taken under the wing of one of her Twitter followers, “MarkBaynard"—a quick witted, quick-typing professor on sabbatical—Abby finds it easy to put words out into the world 140 characters at a time. And once she gets a handle on tweets, retweets, direct messages, hashtags, and trends, she starts to feel unblocked in writing and in life. After all, why should she be spending hours in her apartment staring at her TweetDeck and fretting about her stalled career when Mark is out there traveling the world and living?

Or is he?

Told almost entirely in tweets and DMs, Goodnight Tweetheart is a truly modern take on a classic tale of love and loss—a Griffin and Sabine for the Twitter generation.

My Review:
So, the last two months have not worked for the reviews. The holidays have really kicked my butt. I will be better this coming year.

I have been looking forward to Goodnight Tweetheart since I read the preview in Teresa Medeiros’ last book. The premise seemed so charming and, as a Twitter addict, it was perfect.

I loved the whole format of this book. Twitter is not usually the best place to communicate with any form of substance. Brevity does not usually lend itself to understanding. I thought initially that Goodnight Tweetheart would be difficult to follow because Twitter is usually hard to follow. But it was much easier to follow the progression of both the story and the relationship than I thought it would be. I did love the pop culture references and the snappy dialogue.

I loved Abby and Mark. Their interactions were the perfect mix of humor, sincerity and wit. I did wish that there had been some progression beyond Twitter. Twitter is so limited in and of itself. Can you really express anything in 140 characters or more. Maybe emails or telephone calls. I felt that we were a bit limited with only one point of view and only one means of communication at times. But those limitations did play a very important role later in the book and it was kind of necessary. It made the surprise at the end just that much more surprising.

I had been looking forward to this book for a very long time. It was different from what I had expected but good. I loved almost everything about it.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.


  1. Great review.
    I also enjoyed "Goodnight Tweetheart" a lot and was suprised by how great the concept of the book worked for me.

  2. Being a twitter addict, this sounds like an interesting book. I am sure we will be seeing more novels with social media in the plot.

  3. I requested this from my library - cute idea!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio