Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Review: Kiss At Your Own Risk by Stephanie Rowe

Kiss at Your Own RiskPublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 140224195X
Pages: 416 pgs
Genre: Romance/Paranormal
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Rating:





Summary from Publisher:
 
He needed a killer woman...
Blaine Underhill is one lucky man after having recently escaped a century and a half of imprisonment at the hands of an evil witch. Now he's determined to save his still-enslaved friend, but in order to do so, he'll need the help of one of the world's most lethal women.

She was drop dead gorgeous, literally...
Trinity Harpswell is sick and tired of being a Black Widow. Having managed to go three years without accidentally killing anyone she loves, she's one short week away from freeing herself from this killer curse forever.

When Blaine tracks her down and convinces her to help him, little does Trinity know that the next seven days are going to be murder!

My Review:
 
I have no idea what I was expecting when I picked up this book but I know that I was not expecting what I got. This looked like one of those thriller/paranormal romances that I have read on many occasions but this was so different that it’s kind of hard to quantify.

I loved the humor in this book. However unexpectedly, this was a book that made me laugh out loud many a time. The idea of womanly pursuits (which in any other non-funny circumstance, I would find mildly offensive) being a punishment and conditioning exercise for alpha males was hilarious. Just the image of the big and burly man on the cover doing a flower emblazoned cross-stitch is enough to put me in hysterics. It did border on the ridiculous at times but what humor doesn’t.

I also liked that the romance played a huge role in Kiss At Your Own Risk in spite of the humor. Blaine and Trinity had great chemistry and they had some really sweet parts together. I love how Rowe balanced the romance and the humor. This book always had me on the edge of laughter which was really pleasant when I was sick.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio