Search Me!


Friday, February 18, 2011

Author Interview: Marie Force

Please tell us a bit about you and your book, Everyone Loves a Hero.
MF: I’m a mom to two kids, a daughter, 15, and a son, 12, as well as a one-year-old puppy named Brandy who is as naughty as naughty gets! She keeps us entertained. Everyone Loves a Hero was inspired by a brief moment I witnessed in an airport in which an arriving pilot was greeted by a woman rushing into his arms. That’s all it took to inspire the idea for a book about a pilot who meets a woman in the airport and they change each other’s lives.
You created quite the ladies’ man with a hero complex in Cole. What do you think women find so attractive in men like him?
MF: He’s so darned handsome for one thing! And what’s not to love about a gorgeous man in uniform? He’s famous and engaging and adorable—if I do say so myself!
What authors (romance or not) have influenced you the most?
MF: I always have such trouble answering this question. There are so many authors I enjoy: Nora Roberts and Lisa Kleypas are two of my all-time favorites. I can’t say I’ve been “influenced” by anyone so much as inspired by all the great romances I’ve had the privilege to read over the years.
 What’s up next for you?
MF: I’m looking forward to the release of the next two books in my Fatal Series, book 3: Fatal Consequences is out July 18, and the Fatal wedding novella, Fatal Destiny, is free to readers on Sept. 5. Book 4, Fatal Flaw, will be out in February 2012. Right now I’m running a promotion on my blog to give readers the chance to plan the characters’ wedding:
I also recently sold my contemporary, Georgia on My Mind, to Carina Press, but don’t yet have a release date. I LOVE that book and can’t wait to get it out to readers.
“Lightning Round”
  •  Favorite Book: MF: Love Story
  • What book would you never read again even if was the only book left in existence: MF: No comment.
  • Favorite Movie: MF: Pretty Woman
  • Actor and Actress I would cast as Cole and Olivia: MF: Ryan Reynolds and Mandy Moore
  • Favorite word: MF: I can’t say it here. I assume this is a family show? J
  • Place I would most like to visit: MF: Ireland and Australia (tie)
  • If a genie granted me three wishes, I would wish for: MF: Continued good health for my family and friends. The opportunity to continue to connect with readers through my books. Successful and productive lives for my children. (Bonus: that my puppy Brandy might start behaving one of these days!)
  • My ideal cupcake would consist of these two flavors (Totally selfish question as I am obsessed with baking and I am running out of ideas): MF: Chocolate—is there any other flavor?
Fame has its perks…
Reluctantly famous, First Officer Cole Langston finds being in the spotlight has its advantages—until he meets Olivia. Having women throw themselves at him everywhere he goes becomes a serious problem when he's trying to convince her she's the one…
And its price…
Olivia has trouble trusting a guy like Cole, and everywhere she turns she sees reasons to run. But he's the only man who's ever seemed to understand her as an artist and as a woman…
Cole is working overtime to prove to Olivia that he's serious, but her deep seated mistrust and his entourage 
 of unwelcomed fans may be more than they can overcome…
Marie Force Photo 
Marie Force is a communications director and editor-in-chief as well as the author of Line of Scrimmage, Love at First Flight, Fatal Affair and Fatal Justice, as well as True North and The Fall (available as ebooks through She is a member of RWA’s New England, From the Heart and Published Authors Special Interest Chapters. Marie lives in Portsmouth, Rhode Island with her husband, two children and their feisty dog named Brandy. To find out more information about Marie’s upcoming releases, please visit


  1. Thanks so much for having me. Look forward to chatting!

  2. Hey Marie
    You've been so busy lately. What is one thing you have to do for down time?

  3. Hi Marie
    I love your interviews. Learn something new everytime. Loved ELAH so much.

  4. Great interview, Marie! I laughed when I read your answer for your favorite word! And I hope someday you get to both Ireland AND Australia!

  5. In case I cant find your book, leaving a comment in hopes to win one. I have never read any books by you. I hope to find them. Walmart, Target, Borders no one has it. Borders some shelves are empty. They are not closing my stores but I guess are slow in getting new books in. I would love to go to Australia as well someday. I have 3 sons One turns 18 next month, another turns 13 next month, one turns 10 in April.

  6. Great interview Marie, I just watched Pretty Woman the other day and I love love Mandy Moore, but I haven't seen her in anthing in a while. I know she did the voice in Tangled, but that doesn't really count :) Can't wait to read this book, am hoping that someday my little town will actually stock books that I want otherwise I would have this book in my hands already LOL


  7. Thanks, Mary! So glad you loved ELAH!

  8. Crystal,
    I posted this comment earlier but it never showed up. When I have free time I love to hang out with my kids (endless sources of entertainment) and read a good book! :-)

  9. Alexa,
    LOL--I am so fresh! I hope I make it to Australia and Ireland some day but I freak out on the one-hour flight from DC to Providence, so it's not looking good. HA!

  10. Anon,
    I've heard a few people say they can't find it, so I reported that to my publisher. We'll see if they can do anything about it. Sorry you were unable to find it. I know Amazon has it if you want to order it.

  11. Jolene,
    You sound like a girl who needs a Kindle or a Nook! :-) Thanks for your interest in the book. I love Mandy Moore too. She'd be perfect as Olivia.

  12. Hey Marie, Sorry I missed this. I love your books.

    And do yu really think Brandy will behave. lOL

    I hope to get to your book this week. Hugs
    Judy F

  13. We have the same travel interests...I would love to visit Ireland or Australia some day. I just can' express how much I love your books...I remember the day I picked up Line of Scrimmage...was at a Silent Retreat and wanted something to read. Picked up Line of Scrimmage and just couldn't put it down...I love, love, love that book. So then I had to wait for Love at First Flight to come out. Since then, I have been totally hooked on your books. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with all of us readers out here.

    Can't wait to sink my teeth into Everybody Loves a Hero!!!

  14. Nice interview and I love your lighting round answers.

  15. Judy,
    Not optimistic about Brandy becoming a behaver. She made her daddy very mad this week while I was away. I had to come home and run interference. Boo! Bad girl!

    That is so sweet of you! Thanks so much for reading! I'm so glad you enjoy my books!

    Thanks for coming by Dru!

  16. I have a kindle and yes, I do get books on there. I've mostly been putting erotic romances on there, but am having a hard time letting go of my paperbacks. If It's a book I really want, I want it on my bookshelf so I'll hold out till I can get ahold of it. I love having it on the shelf to look at and pick it up and skim it or re-read it whenever without having to search through my kindle and it's harder to skim on my kindle. SSSHHH, don't tell my husband though. I'm still sneaking paperbacks into my house LOL He got me a kindle for Christmas thinking it would stop my paperback books that are overflowing. LOL, I just need another bookshelf and overflow problem solved.... for a little while :)

  17. Marie, has Brandy gotten any interesting mail from any of her friends yet?

    @ Anon EOLAH is worth the buy. My Borders will let you pay for it then ship it to your house for free. Amazon will take gift cards for orders too. Hope that helps some.

    Not all my books are on the Kindle either. There are certain authors that I just want to have the print book for and then there are some I have(like one of Marie's) that I have the print book and the Kindle edition of.(left the book at home and was at a really good part and turned around and bought it on the Kindle so I could keep reading..psst..don't tell my hubby either...hehehe :) )

  18. I am so loving reading your books! Love At First Flight got me hooked!!!!! I've also read The Fall and Line of Scrimmage (i had to buy that one twice to get it to work on my phone). I am waiting on my check next month to go on to the next great book of yours! Thank you for being such a great author!!!!!

  19. Jolene,
    You are a sneaky girl after my own heart! LOL! I love that you are sneaking books in both formats. If my husband had any idea what I've spent in books over the last few years... I suppose he'd prefer I spend my money on that rather than booze or drugs, right? Well, I presume he would... LOL

    Brandy got in BIG trouble while I was away on travel this week. Not a good report.

    Thank you SO much! I'm thrilled to hear you're enjoying my books. Make sure y'all are on my mailing list for news of upcoming books. Contact me at to be added. :-)

  20. Hi everyone. Sorry I've been absent. Ye olde computer mutinied and then died. So I've had to use the iPad for everything. I'm still figuring out how to make the darn thing to work and to type in passable English on the miniscule keyboard.

    Marie-Thank you so much for spending so much time commenting on my blog. I do hope Brandy does start behaving soon. My puppy went through the "eat anything that looks expensive" phase. But she was cute and cuddly so you couldn't get mad at her.

    Anonymous-I've also had a time finding Marie's other books. I looked on Amazon for Love At First Flight and it was upwards of 80 bucks. My mother wants all of Marie's other books because she loved this one so much.

  21. Hi Grace,
    Thanks so much for having me! It's been fun! Line of Scrimmage is the only other one currently available in print. Love at First Flight is out of print and the publisher isn't going to reprint it, so you can only get it used or in Kindle/Nook format. Fatal Affair will be out in print from eHarlequin (only) in July. Everything else is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, so you might have to loan her your iPad. Tell her thanks for reading! :-)

  22. @Marie Force

    Oh Lordy. My mother using my iPad is going to be scary-me using my iPad is scary-but I will lend it to her. She really loved ELAH.

  23. I just love Q & A's
    Marie, I wish you continued success with your writings. I enjoy your books and suggest my friends add your books to their muct read list.
    My PC at home crashed just when I downloaded all my ebooks :(
    But this way I get to re-read them all over again.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio