Search Me!


Friday, February 18, 2011

Review: Everyone Loves A Hero by Marie Force

Everyone Loves a Hero: ...and that's the problem Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402245742
Pages:  416 pgs
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge,
2011 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Powell's, Indiebound

Summary from Publisher:
Fame has its perks...
Reluctantly famous, First Officer Cole Langston finds being in the spotlight has its advantages-until he meets Olivia. Having women throw themselves at him everywhere he goes becomes a serious problem when he's trying to convince her she's the one...

And its price...
Olivia has trouble trusting a guy like Cole, and everywhere she turns she sees reasons to run. But he's the only man who's ever seemed to understand her as an artist and as a woman...

Cole is working overtime to prove to Olivia that he's serious, but her deep seated mistrust and his entourage of unwelcomed fans may be more than they can overcome...

My Review:
There are books—very few of them---that I read at a snail’s pace just so they last longer because I am a speed reader. This was one of them. I was looking forward to this one like crazy and now that I’ve finished it, I know why. It’s one of my favorite books that I have picked up this year. Prepare yourself for a gushy review.

I loved Olivia from the first page. Any woman could relate to Olivia. She was intelligent, thoughtful and a little insecure. I was cheering for her throughout the whole book especially with her art. Cole was also amazing. He had every reason to come off cocky and arrogant with a savior complex but he had this sweetness about him. He was one of the most tender and gentlemanly heroes I have come across in a while despite his harem of women.

My favorite part of the book was the constant push/pull relationship between Olivia and Cole. She was constantly worried about his faithfulness versus his playboy status and he was always trying to reassure her as to his love for her. With a lesser writer that would get annoying very quickly but with Marie Force’s writing and these amazing characters, it just worked. The conflict was my favorite type-- well-placed and painful for a time but over quickly.

Needless to say, this goes in my “Highly Recommended” pile. I am looking forward to reading the other Marie Force book that I have stashed on my iPad.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review. My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the blog.


  1. I so loved this book too. Beyond the sexy, funny, emotional contemp that it is, I also found it very romantic. I was alternately laughing, crying & sighing.

  2. Awesome review. I will have to check this one out.

  3. Thanks so much, Grace! I love your review and I'm so happy to hear you loved ELaH!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio