Search Me!


Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Review: The Betrayal by Sheila Hendrix

The Betrayal Publisher:
ISBN: 1402238487
Pages: 416 pgs
Genre: Young Adult
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

Buy this Book: Amazon

Summary from Publisher:
 After being led to a cave by a vision, two brothers find out the vision is a nightmare. When a demon asked, "How far will you go to save your brother," Zachariah McCannon answers, "As far as I have to."

My Review:
I must say that I was a bit excited about this one. For one, it’s YA and I’ve been dying to read a YA for weeks and, also, it’s finally a chance to break out my e-reader. I haven’t had much cause to do that lately.

Loved both Zack and Matt. They were very engaging characters. I loved how tightly bonded and loyal Zack and Matt were to each other. I found it very easy to like them. I also loved the supporting cast of Shane, Tony and Bryan. However, I would have loved to see the characters developed more thoroughly but I am willing to wait for the next book for that.

There were so many things that I liked about this book. The writing was really great. It was descriptive and the language was crisp. The story flowed well and I really got into it once I started reading. I do have to admit that I am looking forward to the coming books for more character development and back story. I will definitely be following this series because I can't wait to see how it develops.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. hi Grace! stopping by to show my support for you and the rest of my buddy bloggers hosting Sheila's tour.
    if you have time, please check out her guest post and my review

    i'm also doing a giveaway of her book

    glad you liked the book as i did! have a good one c",)



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio