Search Me!


Thursday, March 31, 2011

Review: Highland Heat by Mary Wine

Highland Heat 
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402237391
Pages: 352 pgs
Genre: Romance/Historical/Highlander
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge


Buy this Book: Amazon, Powell's, Indiebound  


Summary from publisher:

The rugged Scottish Highlands bred warrior men and women who fought for country, keep, and kin, and loved as passionately as they lived.

Laird Quinton Cameron and an ostracized laird's daughter with nothing to lose work together to outwit an enemy to king and country, as the sparks of their mutual attraction burst into flames...
My Review:  

I’m still in the doldrums. Reading has taken a backseat to other randomness going on in my life at the moment. But I was glad to pick this one up. I love Highlander romances and, even more, I love Mary Wine’s books.

I vociferated between intense like and lukewarm annoyance with Deirdre. She was stubborn, brash, and vulnerable. But I did have those moments where the annoyance levels rose and I wanted to strangle her. I did empathize with her. She was clearly emotionally scarred by her previous lover and did not trust men as a result. Quinton was just as stubborn and headstrong as Deirdre…They were perfect for each other. Watching them clash was quite interesting. I did like that Quinton knew he loved Deirdre from the moment he saw her—he just needed to convince Deirdre herself. It was quite the new dynamic because I am used to do the convincing.

I have read many of Mary Wine’s Highlander romances and I have loved them all. ButI think this one may be my favorite. The chemistry between Deirdre and Quinton pops off the page. Wine brings the story to life with rich historical detail and a great plot. If you are looking for a really good Highlander romance, Mary Wine is always a good bet. It is my humble opinion that her Highlander novels are the best ones out there. She melds the history and the romance so well and always manages to create an intriguing plot.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio