Search Me!


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Review: It Happened One Bite by Lydia Dare

It Happened One BitePublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402245076
416 pgs
Genre: Romance/Paranormal/Vampire
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge


Buy this Book: Amazon, Powell's, Indiebound  


Summary from publisher:
He's lost, trapped, doomed for all eternity...
Rich, titled, and undead, gentleman vampyre James Maitland, Lord Kettering, fears himself doomed to a cold and lonely existence-trapped for decades in an abandoned castle. Then, beautiful Scottish witch Blaire Lindsay arrives, and things begin to heat up considerably...

Unless he can persuade her to set him free...
Feisty Blaire Lindsay laughs off the local gossip surrounding her mother's ancestral home-stories of haunting cannot scare off this battle-born witch. But when she discovers the handsome prisoner in the bowels of the castle, Blaire has no idea that she has unleashed anything more than a man who sets her heart on fire...

My Review:

I loved Lydia Dare’s Westfield Brothers series to a fangirl level. That series still remains my go to shapeshifter romance series. I was so excited to see what Lydia Dare could do with my second favorite supernatural creature—the vampire.

Blaire was one of the more interesting heroines that I have ever come across. Most strong battle ready heroines that I have come across are usually just damsels in waiting. Don’t get me wrong. I love strong and able heroines but the ones I have found in my reading life usually need rescuing at some point. Blaire was a legitimate bad ass heroine. She held her own and seemed borderline fearless. I also loved her chemistry with James. I love how different he is from the Westfield shapeshifters. They are so gruff while James has this suaveness about him that perfectly complements Blaire’s toughness.

I loved the way Lydia Dare’s version of vampires. They are not like any vampires I have seen before. They are not big baddies and they most definitely don’t sparkle. Lydia Dare create a suave and rakish vampire that completely fit in with the Regency time period the novel was set in. I also love how this new series ties in so well with the Westfield Brothers series. I like walking into a series knowing that there will be familiar characters and I was so happy to see some of those characters from the previous books in this one. Lydia Dare writes paranormal romance like no other. It Happened One Bite comes highly recommended and I can’t wait for the next book about Matthew—I loved him in this one.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio