Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, March 11, 2011

Review: Mr. Darcy’s Secret by Jane Odiwe

Mr. Darcy's Secret
 Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
ISBN: 1402245270
Pages: 368 pgs
Genre: Jane Austen Sequel/Pride and Prejudice
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge,
 Rating:
Buy this Book: Amazon, Powell's, Indiebound




Summary from Publisher:
One dark secret can completely ruin a bright future...

After capturing the heart of the most eligible bachelor in England, Elizabeth Bennet believes her happiness is complete-until the day she unearths a stash of anonymous, passionate love letters that may be Darcy's, and she realizes just how little she knows about the guarded, mysterious man she married...


My Review:
I love Jane Odiwe’s books especially Willoughby’s Return. I was so excited to read  this one. I was a bit delayed because of a family emergency but I was excited nonetheless.

I normally love Darcy. There is no way that I could not love him. But in Mr. Darcy’s Secret, I kinda wanted to strangle him (even though I still love him). He had flaws and wasn’t the dashingly perfect hero we all expect from Darcy. He was a bit of a prat. He was pig-headed and had really bad matchmaking skills. He was also a bit hypocritical. He married below his station but was unwilling to even consider Georgiana marrying below hers. I was also a bit frustrated that he was such a blind moron when it came to Caroline Bingley. Lizzy was still the same Lizzy we all know and love--although a bit more tolerant of Darcy's haughtiness than I would expect. She handled Darcy perfectly and her protectiveness over Georgiana was lovely to see.

My favorite part of Mr. Darcy’s Secret, as it usually is with most Jane Austen sequels, is the portrayal of Georgiana. I loved her love story and it mirrored Darcy and Lizzy’s story perfectly. I also loved how Darcy took over the role of Lady Catherine in relation to Georgiana’s love story. As for the secret in the title, I expected it to be incendiary. Like Darcy has a secret mistress or a love child. I don’t think I would have taken either of those quite well. The secret turned out to be nothing quite so lascivious but completely fitting in with the book.

 *A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! Matter of interest, will you be reviewing The Trouble with Mr Darcy by Sharon Lathan when it is released? I would love to hear your thoughts. It is one of my favourite series about Darcy and Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sam

    I don't think I have Sharon's book coming up for review but I am planning on buying it. I have other Jane Austen related goodness coming up this month. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio