Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, March 25, 2011

Review: Tyler by C.H. Admirand

Tyler (The Secret Life of Cowboys)Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402243758
Pages: 352 pgs
Genre: Romance/Western
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

Rating:
Buy this Book: Amazon, Powell's, Indiebound




Summary from publisher:
Desperate times call for desperate measures...
When Tyler Garahan said he'd do anything to save his family's ranch, he never thought that would include taking a job as a stripper at a local ladies' club. But the club's fiery redheaded bookkeeper captures Tyler's attention, and for her, he'll swallow his pride...

And one good turn deserves another...
Emily Langley feels for the gorgeous cowboy. It's obvious that he's the real deal and wouldn't be caught dead in a ladies' revue if he wasn't in big trouble. And when he looks at her like that, she'll do anything to help...

Working days on the ranch and nights at the ladies' club, Tyler is plumb exhausted. But could it be that his beautiful boss needs him just as much as he needs her...


My Review:
I am in the midst of what some may call a doldrums. Not in my personal life-that would be tolerable-but in my reading life-it's unbearable. I have even broken out the old standbys to get me out of it--Anne of Green Gables, Little Women, Jane. Nothing has worked. I did, however, find myself completely engrossed in a great western romance this weekend. It was a completely unsuspected gem and I am so happy that I found it.

I have always said that any man who would "Yes, Ma'am" me even though I look and sound like a 12 year old is a good man indeed. Tyler sounds like just that type and I love him for it. He was such a gentleman. That's a very rare breed. He was also very pure in his intentions with Emily. I loved Emily. She was such a firecracker. She also had a sweetness and a vulnerability about her that I really loved. Emily and Tyler had a really natural chemistry. It did not feel forced like in some romance novels. They were very sweet together but had this intense passion.

Call me abnormal but I really don't like books about strip clubs. It usually ends up being sleazy or degrading. The Lucky Star, however, was run by strong, intelligent women and there is never a moment of sleaze. I loved everything about this book and not only because it helped me out of my reading doldrums. The characters were well drawn, the lead couple had intense chemistry and the setting was intriguing. It wasn't very big on action but I really liked that. The focus was on the characters and their chemistry.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this one too. It wasn't as sleazy as it could have been. I am all for a hunky cowboy stripping instead of a woman!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio