Search Me!


Thursday, April 28, 2011

Book Blog Hop and Follow Friday (April 28th)

It’s been another hectic week. And for no apparent reason. Nothing catastrophic happened. Just me making myself insane with the panic and the procrastination. Also when one date gets messed up on the calendar so does all that follow.

On some good news…at least for me…I went on a book buying spree. A crazy one. An insane one. I bought 97 books in one go. I have officially lost my mind.

Cupcake of the week: Cherry Vanilla with a Cherry Vanilla Buttercream

Reviews posted this week:
  1. Wickham’s Diary by Amanda Grange
  2. Husband and Wife by Leah Stewart
  3. The Confession of Katherine Howard by Suzanna Dunn
  4. Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende
  5. The Queen of New Beginnings by Erica James
This week's question is:
Q. Keeping with the dystopian and apocalypse theme that seems to be running rampant on, I have one very hard question for you: If you were stocking your bomb shelter, what books would you HAVE to include if you only had space for ten?
Really, only ten? I’m not even sure I can accomplish that without a mini anxiety attack. Let me think…hmmm
  • Anne of Green Gables Series 1-6, 8
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • Persuasion
  • And a nice meaty romance—Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught
Book Blogger Hop
This week's question is:
Q. "Summer is coming quickly - what 2011 summer release are you are most looking forward to?"

There are so many.  Not so many as I would have thought but still enough to make this girl happy. These are the main ones and they are just the YA (and Sookie) ones because I can't keep up with the romance releases.

Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 3) Passion (Fallen)Wolfsbane (Nightshade, Book 2)Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 11)


  1. Hi I'm an old follower popping by! The Anne of Green Gables Series is a great one that I didn't even think of! And can I just say - 97 books in one shot? Impressive! Have a great weekend.

  2. @Bonnie

    If there were an Olympics of bargain book buying, I think I'd take the gold. The whole process took me under half an hour.

    Thanks for stopping by!

  3. Hi, Grace! Thanks for the visit and follow. I'm now following you back. Wow! 97 books! That sounds completely amazing. I hope you have a great Friday. :)

  4. New follower! LOVE Anne of Green Gables, I had the whole set when I was younger. It got lost in several moves however. :(

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance
    Books, Shopping & Rock N' Roll

  5. Hey, great answers! I still need to read Shiver. Happy Reading!

  6. Wow! 97 books? That's amazing!
    I can't wait for Forever!! I loved Shiver and Linger!
    ~Happy Blogging!~

  7. Hi!--New follower!!!

    --Ok, 97 books--even at a bargain--store? on-line? free e-books?--I need details here. :D

    Hoppy Friday!!!


  8. @nymfaux

    The 97 books were all used books online through Thrift Books. I bought the backlists of some romance authors I love plus new Clockwork Angel.

  9. Hi Grace! Thanks for stopping by the blog and for the follow. I am now following you back. I can't believe you bought 97 books! WOW! I'd love to go shopping with you! But my DH would freak! :-)

    I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend! I know you have some wonderful books to dig into!


  10. Hey Grace, just stopping by on the follow. I'm following you. Thx for the visit!
    I'm such a fickle reader that my choice of books changes all the time.
    Have a terrific weekend reading !!!
    See ya!
    Readaholics Anonymous

  11. Hope you have an amazing weekend Grace!
    ♥ HUGS ♥ Shauna from

  12. New follower stopping by on the Friday Follow! I love how most of us today chose Elizabeth & Mr. Darcy as one of our books...Jane Austen would be proud! Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a great weekend!

  13. O______________________O 97 books wow! I've bought two this week and I'm feeling guilty lol. I can't seem to remember if I read the whole Anne of green Gables series I must find out and even if I have re-read them! lol Can't go wrong with a little bit of Mr. Darcy just saying lol awesome blog post new follower. Thanks for stopping by the blog

    as always ♥, Carol

  14. Heya! I'm a new follow! Awesome list! :]

  15. ooohh, I can't wait for sookie's! It's sooo close!

    LOL, I knew you were following me and I was already following you aswell =P

  16. Great choices! This really was a tough one! Check out mine too :)

    - New Follower, Cory from Anti-Drug Reads

  17. @Grace--wow--you totally scored!!!--I don't even know what backlists you got, but I'm slightly jealous, because I've been trying to do the same thing--it's just I want to add the backlists of my favorites to my ebook library :D



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio