Search Me!


Thursday, April 21, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday (April 21st)

Oh boy has this been a week. Towards the end of Follow Friday last weekend I had a computer crash. It would have been okay if it was only once but no…it happened three times. Each time I had just recovered everything and poof gone again. I bought a new, better computer that I have named Jace. He’s all pretty and silver.  I may have missed following some people that followed me last week because of The Calamity but I will follow everyone who follows or comments this week.
Reviews posted this week:
  1. The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry
  2. Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay
  3. Beside Still Waters by Tricia Goyer
This week's question is:
Q. What is on your current playlist right now?
Talking about music puts me in a very weird mood. I’m borderline crazy about my music. Literally crazy. I have the weirdest musical tastes on the planet:
  • Adele-the most beautiful voice EVER!
  • The Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Duffy
  • Newsies Soundtrack--I maintain this is the best musical ever.
  • Muse
  • Florence + the Machine
  • Mumford and Sons
  • Within Temptation
  • Garbage
  • Laura Pausini
  • AFI
  • Avenged Sevenfold
  • The Killers
  • The Sounds
  • Bon Jovi
  • Charlotte Martin
  • Lacuna Coil
  • Pink Floyd
  • Emmy Rossum
  • Christina Aguilera-yes I did like Bionic and it’s very underrated. 
  • Kings of Leon
  • 30 Seconds to Mars
That’s about all that is going on my iPad right now.
Book Blogger Hop
This week's question is:
Q:"If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?"

 Yes I do. It's one of my bad habits. My most recent was I read a book by Lisa Kleypas and loved it. I felt compelled to buy all of her books...and any romance reader knows how many books Lisa Kleypas has written--even Out of Print. The box the books came in could not fit on my stoop but I felt fulfilled so I didn't care. I have three authors brewing right now...Julia Quinn, Elaine Coffman, and Laurie McBain. I'm also relentless so within the next month the postman will be calling me very mean names in his head...again.


  1. Hopping through. Love Florence, Muse, and Mumford!
    My Hop

  2. Great selection of music. I'm your newest follower and would love for you to visit my site whenever you get a chance.

  3. OMG! I did the same when I began to read Lisa K's books!
    I bought Dreaming of You and before I knew it I had read almost all of her stuff! And I'm still such a huge fan of hers!.

  4. New follower from the blog hop.

    Interesting selection of music. :)

  5. Really great playlist! Adele has such an incredible voice!

    New follower!
    Here's my Follow Friday.

  6. New follower.
    I love Laura Pausini!
    Have a great weekend,
    Erika @ Let's talk about books

  7. New follower from the hop - check out my answers below:
    Nicki J Markus

  8. I wouldn't consider it a bad habit. I love to find more books written by an author who captivates me with their work.

    I am a new follower.

    My Bookshelf

  9. I am your newest follower, hope you have an amazing weekend!

    Crazy Book Slut

  10. I love finding new authors. It opens new doors for when you get stuck and can't find a good book to read. Hope you can stop by my blog. New follower.

  11. Rather than purchase the entire back list of a new favorite author, I try to get them through the library. Come see which author I'm reading through right now.

  12. New follower, here. :)

    And the same thing happened to me with Lisa Kleypas and Julia Quinn. I am collecting all of the Bridgerton series...that's what got me hooked on Julia Q. And the Wallflowers series is what got me hooked on Lisa K.

    Haven't heard of the other two authors...will have to check them out!

    - Kristine

  13. Old follower saying hi. I love Mumford & Sons.

  14. Hello! Stopping by on the hop!!
    I LOVE Adele!! When I heard her voice the very first time I was like, "OMG her voice is gorgeous!"

    It seems that I am a bit of a rebel since I don't go hunting for books by the same author. Though I do understand the obsession!

    ~Happy Blogging!~

  15. Adele is amazing!! And hunting down authors is a GOOD habit!! It's fun and you're able to find awesome new books!

    Here's my Hop & Follow Friday!

  16. I'm seeing a lot of Mumfort & Sons today (it's on my playlist too!) Have a great weekend.


    New follower from Follow Friday – come over and check out Everyday is an Adventure at


  18. Hey thanks for commenting on my post! I love many of the bands you mentioned! Sorry to hear about your computer problems-i hate it when mine acts up. Tho Jace does sound lovely!!

  19. Old follower hopping through! I like your music list. Seems like you have a great taste. :)

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

  20. Hey there! I'm a new follower! I'm listening to some Adele right now! She is awesome! We like a lot of the same music. :-D

    Happy Blog Hop!

    P.S. Last day for our five HUGE giveaways!!!

    Lisa @ Once Upon A Chapter

  21. Blog hopping! I love Adele. Her latest album is AMAZING. Are you going to watch her show in May?

    Also, Lisa Kleypas and Julia Quinn are two of my favorite authors. Julia Quinn's Bridgerton series is still one of my favorites and I return to it often. :)

  22. Newest follower here via the Friday hop. I am a new contemporary romance writer and a reader of almost everything! Hope you stop by a check out my blog and my books.

    And when I find an author I really like, I not only have to read everything they've written, I have to OWN it. LOL

  23. Wow! We have the same ecletic taste for music!! Pirates of the caribbean and the lord of the rings soundtracs are awesome!

    I'm currently finishing the 3rd book of the Hathawaya's series! Julia Quinn is my goddess! We have so much in common!

    The only series I love more than the Bridgerton is Kresley Cole's Immortals after dark series! If you enjoy paranormal you should read it ASAP!

    I'll follow you for sure!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio