Search Me!


Thursday, April 7, 2011

Review: Legacy by Jeanette Baker

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402255837
Pages: 384 pgs
Genre: Historical Fiction/Scotland/Fantasy
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge


Buy this Book: Amazon, Powell's, Indiebound  

Summary from publisher:

The last of the Murrays...

Christina Murray is elated to inherit her family's ancestral home in Scotland. But upon her arrival she is confronted by her breathtakingly handsome new neighbor, Ian Douglas...and an ancient family curse that comes with the castle.

A violent legacy of passion...

Seduced by Ian's easy Scottish charm by day, Christina dreams at night of three raven-haired beauties, ancestors who fell victim to the curse one generation after another: Katrine, the fiery Jacobite supporter who lost her heart to an Englishman; Jeanne, an accused witch; and Mairi, who shared a forbidden passion with the King of England.

Now it's Christina's turn to lie in that cursed bed... and loving Ian might just cost her life.
My Review:

I have been looking forward to this one. If I must admit, I was kind of saving it for last. I have been in the mood for a good historical fiction for a while.

I always look for the romance in every book I read. It just shows how narrowly I have been focused in my reading material lately. I was not disappointed with this book in the romance department. Christina and Ian were one of the more compelling couples I have read in a long time. They were sweet and had amazing chemistry and they definitely kept my interest in the midst of all the other things going on in the novel.

Legacy was an interesting mix of many genres that managed to combine into an interesting book. The romance was, of course, a huge highlight for me but I really loved both the historical fiction and fantasy elements as well. The history was well researched and melded into the plot very well. I love most books about Scotland and this was no exception. I felt a connection to each time period and the history of each character in them. This may seem very strange but I have this weird love for books about curses. It’s weird but if a book has some giving the good ol’ bad joojoo to someone, I will most likely love the book. I definitely did love this one quite a bit.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio