Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, April 11, 2011

Review: The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis

The Sweetest Thing (A Lucky Harbor Novel)
Publisher: Forever ISBN: 0446571628
Pages: 384 pgs
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

Rating:

Buy this Book: Amazon, Powell's, Indiebound  




 Summary from publisher:

Two Men Are One Too Many . . .

Tara has a thousand good reasons not to return to the little coastal town of Lucky Harbor, Washington. Yet with her life doing a major crash-and-burn, anywhere away from her unfulfilled dreams and sexy ex-husband will do. As Tara helps her two sisters get their newly renovated inn up and running, she finally has a chance to get things under control and come up with a new plan for her life.

But a certain tanned, green-eyed sailor has his own ideas, such as keeping Tara hot, bothered . . . and in his bed. And when her ex wants Tara back, three is a crowd she can't control-especially when her deepest secret reappears out of the blue. Now Tara must confront her past and discover what she really wants. If she's lucky, she might just find that everything her heart desires is right here in Lucky Harbor.
 
My Review:  

I've read Simply Irresistible and that was enough of a recommendation to me. I started reading as soon as I finished with the Dewey Readathon (I was on a roll) and it was the perfect distraction from my exhaustion.

Tara was headstrong, stubborn, and independent. I found it a bit hard to like her because she reminded me of myself. It's funny how we sometimes have the most trouble liking characters that remind us of ourselves and Tara definitely reminds me of me and all of my more annoying traits. That is not to say that I did not like her but it did take me a bit longer to get to the point of like. I usually don't like men named after cars. It's just a little quirk of mine. But I really liked Ford. He was so bright and fun in contrast to Tara's stodginess.  He was free spirited and fun loving--not usually my favorite but in Ford's case it worked well.

I loved the small town feel of this book. Lucky Harbor is a place I can see myself living in. I also loved that every single character was likable even Logan, Tara's NASCAR driver ex-husband. I don't think Shalvis could create a character that I don't find completely charming. I am so looking forward to Head Over Heels. Chloe is my favorite character from both books and I can't wait for her story. I also hope that maybe we will get Mia's story someday because I love her and Carlos.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio