Search Me!


Friday, May 27, 2011

Armchair BEA: Blogging About Blogging



How do you utilize social networking in relation to your blog? What may be the pros and cons of doing so?

I try to use Twitter to promote my blog and my reviews. I forget most of the time. It does help to get traffic to my reviews but not enough that I think it’s required. I don’t like Facebook so I use it to keep in touch with friends not so much for blogging. I don’t like to be focused on the social networking side of blogging because I have the tendency to become addicted and I would most definitely spend most of my days staring at Twitter.

Share some of your favorite blogging technical tips.

If you have any knowledge of HTML, use it. And if you have the time to learn a bit, definitely do so. So many of the technical issues you have with blogging can be resolved with an HTML tweak. I also keep an HTML cheat sheet on my computer at all times because you never know when you are going to want to change something.

Create a "rule list" of things you should and shouldn't be doing on a book blog.

I don’t think I am at all qualified to write a rules list because I don’t think there should be one. Each blog is the blogger’s personal safe place and I don’t think it’s fair for me to impose my rules upon that space. I do, however, have a few guidelines:

  • Be nice. Be honest. Treat everyone as you would want to be treated.
  • Don’t sell your ARCs.
  • Don’t blog for the books.
  • Negativity for the sake of negativity is Bad JuJu.

That’s it. Other than that I think it’s up to each blogger to determine the rules on their blogs.

What are your tips for balance life and blogging?

I don’t know. I haven’t managed it yet. I would take any tips because at the moment, I have blogging and baking. Blogging is amazing and I love it but my baking is rapidly becoming an obsession. Most days I am wavering between obsessions. Any tips regarding scheduling would be awesome.

What genre do you blog about and why?

I blog mainly about romance and YA. More heavy on the romance than the YA but that will change and even out because I love both genres so much.

I started out as a strictly literary/historical fiction blogger. I found myself reading more and more romance and YA. I had always loved romance but never thought to review it and I came to YA mostly based on recommendations from other bloggers.

How do you keep your blog fresh and interesting to your readers & yourself?

I try to change it up looks wise every once in a while and I also try to review a completely out of the box book to keep myself on my game.

There are quite a few book blogging events out there. Which are your favorites and why? How do they affect your blog directly?

I participate in many events during the year. I love:

1 comment:

  1. Balancing blogging with life is tough. I was too ambitious at first. Since I've started scaling back I'm having a much better time. The other thing that helps me is organization.

    I love the photos in your header!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio