Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Events (May 13th)

I am very late with this. I was unable to log in for the longest time and then I forgot. 


Cupcake of the week: Red Velvet Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting


Reviews posted this week:

  1. Inés of My Soul by Isabel Allende
  2. Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning
  3. The Return of the Black Douglas by Elaine Coffman
  4. The Rebellion of Jane Clarke by Sally Gunning
  5. Old Wounds by N. K. Smith
  6. Stilettos & Scoundrels by Laina Turner-Molaski
This week's question is:
 
Q. The Blogger Apocalypse made me a little emotional. What is the most emotional scene in a book that you have read lately?
 
It’s not so much a scene but a whole book-Never a Gentleman by Eileen Dreyer. The hero was so nasty to the heroine (who happened to be named Grace). One scene was particularly heartwrenching. The heroine watched the hero have sex with his mistress and I just found it so sad. I mean there were reasons behind his behavior but she didn’t know that and it was so sad. I did love the book though because I love romances were the heroes are particularly putzy.
Book Blogger Hop

This week's question is:
 
Q. "Are you going to Book Expo America (BEA) and/or the Book Blogger Convention (BBC) this year?”

No unfortunately. I would love to but my schedule and finances don’t allow for it. Maybe next year though because it does sound like so much fun. I am participating in the Armchair BEA though and I know I will have fun with that.

9 comments:

  1. Now I need to read the Eileen Dreyer's! Sounds like a great romance!

    Have a great weekend, grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here!

    I've never heard of that book before, now I have to go check it out! When men get emotional, it only makes us ladies even more emotional, lol!

    I too can't go to those conventions. I'll have fun hearing about them though!

    Have a great weekend and take care. :]

    Here's mine:
    http://room304.brokenphrases.info/2011/05/book-blog-hop-5-follow-friday-3/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping in From Follow Friday..Love your response, I too was absolutely blown away by a debut author this week..take a look

    http://sooozsaysstuff.blogspot.com/2011/05/finallyfollow-friday-for-friday-13th.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm a new follower! Those cupcakes sound sooo good :). I'll have to check out the books you reviewed. Have a great weekend! ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I can't go to BEA either...too busy and not enough money.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping by and now following, too. Those cupcakes sound sooo good! I'm also not heading out to any of the blogging events.

    Take care & happy reading,
    Ms. C
    http://www.coffeetalereviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Stopping by the blog hop!!
    Wow... That book does sound sad...
    ~Happy Reading!~
    www.abookaddictshaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm an old follower hopping through to wish you a happy weekend! I am also missing out on BEA this year - hopefully in a year or two I will be able to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh red velvet cupcakes with cc frosting = the absolute best!

    I agree about Armchair BEA. It should be fun, and whet the appetite for BEA 2012.

    -Alisha @ MNtR
    (My FF & Blogger Hop situation ^_^)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio