Search Me!


Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Events (May 20th)

Cupcake of the week: Red Velvet Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting, S’Mores Cupcakes, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Reviews posted this week:

  1. When God Was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman
  2. The Lost Girls by Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett and Amanda Pressner
  3. Little Battles by N.K. Smith
  4. A Jane Austen Education by William Deresiewicz
This week's question is:
Q. It's circle time. Time for us to open up and share. Can you tell us FIVE quirky habits or things about you? We all have them...
1. I am deathly afraid of thunderstorms and I have a tendency to hide in closets when they happen.
2. I talk to the characters in the books I am reading while I am reading. It’s why I can’t read in public.
3. I go into rages while I bake. I’m mean, I yell, I throw fits. And then 20 seconds later, I’m normal, nice Gracie.
4. I am a compulsive perfume, pen, notepad and cooking tool buyer. I can’t even go into Sephora, Staples, or Bed, Bath and Beyond without breaking the bank.
5. I’m totally into boy soaps and sports. I love the Deadliest Catch, Wrestling, hockey, and auto racing.
Book Blogger Hop

Q: "If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?"

I think I would pick the wizarding world from Harry Potter. There are so many things that I would love to experience in that world. I would love to go to Honeydukes and try all the candy, The Three Broomsticks and have a butterbeer, and Flourish & Blotts where I could indulge my bibliomania. I would also have to spend a good amount of time in the Hogwarts library. Just the idea of being a part of that world is amazing. I don’t even know what I would do first. I may have to go to the Disney version just to get a feel for it.


  1. For me it's mostly yelling at characters when they are doing something dumb or don't see what's right in front of them.
    Have a great weekend!

  2. Yes! I do that, too. Completely tell off any of the ones that act in ignorance or make crap decisions. And on a diff note, I am in LOVE with Sephora!!! Whenever I'm in there, it's like my eyes do a happy dance. I don't know where to look :)
    New follower here,
    Ninja Girl

  3. Thenderstorm is frightening. I also sometimes feel afraid.

    An old follower
    It's All About Books

  4. I really wish I enjoyed cooking as much as you do. I think it's the clean up after making a huge wonderful meal (like those for holidays and special occasions) that does me in. I get stressed with change. That's my biggest thing. I love to watch lightning in thunderstorms but have a fear/fascination of tornadoes.

    My Bookshelf

  5. I looooove thunderstorms, but mainly because of that rush of fear and adrenalin and knowing that I'm safely tucked away in my home.

    check out my answers at...

    New follower :)

  6. How could I have forgotten the Hogwarts library!!! But I'm guessing once I enter Honeydukes, I wouldn't be able to leave for a whole day! And I definitely want to go to the Hog's Head and meet Aberforth and go to the Three Broomsticks and drink Butterbeer of course - so I chose just one little awesome village!!

    Here's mine:

  7. Hi & Happy Friday!

    I am a new follower :)

    I have listed my answers here,

    Have a great weekend..

  8. I've been mulling over this question now for about three hours. Picking just one is never easy for me. I've read so many wonderful books over the years. Come see what I chose.

  9. Hi,
    Just hopping by and following through. Harry Potter would be my choice too

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

  10. Great answers! I love that you talk to your characters, and Harry Potter is definitely a good choice! :D

    Happy Reading!

  11. Hi! I'm participating in Friday Follows for the first time. I think most people would want to spend a day in Harry Potter's world (but I've heard the park in Orlando is all that great).

  12. LOL, I totally yell at characters. And let them know how stupid they are. Or just laugh at them, because it's better than to cry! Haha.

    I'm also afraid of thunderstorms! They definitely freak me out. And I throw fits, though usually not while baking/cooking. More at computers and school work, lol.

    Old follower! :D My quirky list can be found here!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

  13. I see a lot of people choose Harry Potter world this week. I'd go for The Lord of the Rings.

    Have a great weekend!

  14. I love thunderstorms. My grandmother and I used to watch them through the big picture window in the living room. Sorry to hear that you're scared of them.

    I also chose Harry Potter this week, although I got specific and said Diagon Alley.

  15. Hopping through, old follower! I thought about picking the Harry Potter world too, but I went with the Night Huntress world instead. But I'm sure after my trip to Universal Studios (to visit the Harry Potter part of the park, of course!) in September, that I will definitely want to live there forever. :)

    Happy Hopping!

  16. I love Hogwarts, too! And good to know I'm not the only one who talks to her books. I spent most of Mockingjay yelling "no!" or "why????" So embarrassing.

    Happy Friday!
    kathy from Read This Instead

  17. Another person who picked the Harry Potter universe! *high five* Excellent choice! I'd mostly be looking forward to playing Quidditch. And learning to apparate in one day. It's possible! Haha.

    Have a great weekend!
    Books of Amber

  18. I’ve seen a lot of great picks and gathered some fresh titles to add to my ever-growing TBR list. My answer will probably stun most people because the world I picked is a place most people would be scared to death of and try to escape from. Me? I want in.

    Hop on over to my blog and be prepared for the unexpected –

    Howard Sherman

  19. Sometimes I talk out loud to book characters--especially if they've done something dramatic! Hi! Just stopping by. Following you from the Feature and Follow Friday blog hop. Would love a follow back: I also have twitter: @wlbks and a facebook page: Have a 'good read' weekend!

  20. I also can't seem to help myself when I see notebooks, I want to buy them! I have a ton already, but always want more. I also noted your cupcakes you talked about at the top, and I love cupcakes! Those are a big weakness of mine. I followed you from the Book Blogger Hop, I'm a new follower today. Hope you'll come check out my blog, and maybe follow!

  21. Hopping through. I don't buy notepads but I love getting free ones from different companies, hotels, etc.
    My IMM

  22. I just went to the Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter and it was A-MAZING. I highly recommend it! Go there, if you can! Go, go! It's totally worth it.

    Aw! I love thunderstorms! One of my favorite things is to count one-onethousand, etc. between the flash of lightning and the crack of thunder to tell how far away it is.

    The raging baker! How funny! Sadly, I am the forgetful baker. I'll putter about the kitchen, get everything all set up, put in the oven... and then an hour or more later, think to myself, "Do I smell something burning?"
    It's why I rarely make the attempt!

  23. Hello!
    haha! Everyone wants to visit Hogwarts and I can't blame them! I also talk out loud while reading and it gets embarassing sometimes.
    ~Happy Reading!~

  24. I love thunderstorms!!

    I'm a new follower and new to follow fridays! Can't wait to meet lots of new cool people!

    Angel's Cove Book Reviews



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio