Search Me!


Sunday, May 1, 2011

Review: Insight by Jamie Magee

ISBN: 0557522935
Pages: 314 pgs
Genre: Young Adult
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge


Buy this Book: Amazon, Powell's, Indiebound  

Summary from publisher:

Before that fateful summer night, Willow had balanced the insight of emotion, and the vivid images. That night, the figure in her nightmare marked her wrist with a star, giving her father no choice but to tell Willow a family secret that would abruptly change life, as she knew it, forever. Before Willow had time to absorb the shock of her father's secret, her soul mate that had shared every stunning dream with her, found her, and darkness captured her closest friends. In order to save them, she must weave through broken myths and the undeniable power of the Zodiac. In the end, Willow discovers that at the moment of our birth we are all given a divine gift.
My Review:

My internet provider decided that an internet connection was too good for me today. So after some fixin' I'm back! It's been a long day. Remind me to schedule posts when I have them done so I don't have these issues anymore.    

I have been waiting to read some good YA since the readathon. I’ve been bombarding myself with romance in all forms so I was excited to get to this one.

First of all, I usually have trouble connecting to heroines. I find that they often have the Bella complex—so strong in the beginning but when they find their boy they melt like a pat of butter and tend to simper. Not so with Willow. She was an ordinary girl. Completely normal with no pretentions. I loved her and could really identify with her. And most importantly she did not lose her strength when she met Landen, her boy, at all. Landen is such an utterly charming hero. I couldn’t help but love him. And of course I loved their soul mate connection.

I initially wasn’t very attracted to this one. The cover just didn’t appeal to me…until I read the book. Once I read the book, I got it. And let me tell you, this book is AMAZING. I can’t really say enough good thing about Magee’s writing style. I was engrossed in this book from page 1 mostly because of Magee’s elegant prose. I love the role soul mates and the zodiac play in this book. While I don’t really believe in either, I love it when I see them in books and Magee really worked both in very well and in such interesting ways.
I cannot state enough how much I love this book and I will be awaiting the next book, Embody, like a rabid fangirl.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.


  1. Hmm.. this sounds like an interesting read. I agree the cover doesn't really jump out at me - but what's that saying... you can't judge a book by its cover! I'm adding this to my TBR pile!


  2. @Bonnie

    I was surprised by how much this cover influenced my impression of the book before I read it. I'm not usually so into the visual. Insight is really an amazing book. I hope you enjoy it.

  3. Hi. I loved this book. I completely agree with your comments on Willow and Landon. Jamie Magee's writing is superb. Embody will be as amazing or more so than Insight!!

  4. Hi. I really wanna read this book! Glad you liked it ;)

  5. Thank you for such a great post!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio