Search Me!


Thursday, May 19, 2011

Review: Little Battles by N.K. Smith

Little Battles (Old Wounds)Publisher: The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House
ISBN: 9781612130316
Pages: 227 pgs
Genre: Young Adult
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge


Buy this Book: The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House, Amazon, Powell's, Indiebound  

 Summary from publisher:

Book Two in the 'Old Wounds' Series.

Spending time with Elliott instills a faint whisper of hope within Sophie Young; hope that both terrifies her and promises redemption.  But the demons of her past are never far behind, and old habits are hard to break.  The more she tries to push him away, the stronger the pull towards him becomes.  As Sophie’s broken heart continues to seek comfort in Elliott, can she put aside her destructive ways and take the most dangerous risk of all?

For many years, Elliott Dalton had lived a solitary existence, keeping his emotions under tight control.  But as his feelings for Sophie grow and her life spins further out of control, his carefully built facade begins to crack.
He is determined to protect her at all costs, just as he protects the hidden secrets of his past.   Secrets that threaten everything.  For if she knew, he would lose her forever...
My Review:

I have bronchitis. In the summer. Yeah only happens to me.

I loved Old Wounds. It was one of the best books that I’ve picked up in a long time. I was itching to read Little Battles. I was not disappointed at all. This one was awesome.

I loved Sophie in Old Wounds. Loved her, wanted to lend her my mother, wanted to shake her for her behavior. All of that was pretty much the same. I did want to see some growth with her especially in her drug use, promiscuity and her relationship with Elliot. I definitely got that. Sometimes she was a bit worse than she was better but she definitely grew as a character throughout the book. I did still want to shake her but I learned so much more about why she behaved the way she did. Elliot is still one of my favorite male protagonists that I have ever read. He is a gem of a character. He came into his own in this book and I can’t wait to see his growth in the next. I was so happy to see him take down Chris Anderson. I have to admit that I was waiting for it to happen and I was not disappointed at all.

I loved this book. Perhaps even a little more that Old Wounds. The characters grew so much and we learned so much more about them. I fell in love with Sophie and Elliot. They are some of the most engaging characters and their stories were some of the most interesting and heartwrenching that I have ever read. I loved that we got both of the POV’s. It really helped us learn so much about them both individually and together. I must say, however, that I did not like the ending. Not because it was bad but because I need the next book ASAP!

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.


  1. I have to agree with you, I loved Little Battles and was so happy to see some character growth. I am really looking forward to the next book in the series and hoping for some more answers and development with regards Elliott's character - I have so many questions about him!



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio