Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, May 9, 2011

Review: Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning

Rock Hard 
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 9781402245770
Pages: 448 pgs
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Erotica
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

Rating:

Buy this Book: Amazon, Powell's, Indiebound  

   


Summary from publisher:

Trapped together on the Sinners tour bus for the summer, Sed and Jessica will rediscover the millions of steamy reasons they never should have called it quits in the first place...
 
My Review:  

I will be the first one to tell you that Olivia Cunning writes great novels. I reviewed Backstage Pass and I loved it. I think I may have loved this one even more.


First of all, I love books about acrimonious exes who are forced to reunite. Nothing quite gets that tension or heartfail. And I love that type of stuff. Sed was also my favorite from Backstage Pass (aside from Trey). He was the most mysterious (and manwhorish) and I love lead singers. He was truly a good guy underneath the manwhore exterior. I loved Jessica. She was a strong woman. She wanted to be independent even though she could very easily depend on Sed for everything. The chemistry between them was amazing. Granted much of it is in conflict but you could always sense the love lurking beneath.

This series is quite obviously Adults Only.The content is quite graphic but tasteful. It’s not gratuitous at all. There was also some pretty strong emotions in this book. I love books about bands. I fervently believe that bands and sports teams are the grown up boy version of the Boy Scouts. The connection between the bandmates was so sweet and endearing. I just kept thinking “Boys are so cute!”. The plot was also quite complex. Interwoven with the love story of Sed and Jessica was the sexual harassment by Jessica’s law school dean and Trey’s drug addiction. I do wish that we had gotten to see the conclusion of Jessica’s case against the law school but I have a feeling that it will be coming in the next book.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished readin Rock Hard this morning. What a great story! You got to love the band members. Now I have to go back and read Backstage Pass and can't wait for the next in the series.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio