Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Friday Events (June 17th)

 

My birthday came and went and was not so painful. I had a relatively good week. I got much reading done but not so much reviewing.

I am planning on participating in the Spring Into Summer Readathon. I have no idea what I am going to read but I know nothing is going to distract me.

Cupcake of the week: Cookie Dough, Chocolate with Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting, Chocolate with a Chocolate Ganache filling and Chocolate Buttercream, Red Velvet with a White Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting, White Chocolate Raspberry with a White Chocolate Raspberry ganache filling and a White Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting—most of that was done today. I just got finished baking now and it’s midnight.

Reviews posted this week:

  1. The Moral Lives of Animals by Dale Peterson
  2. Awaken the Highland Warrior by Anita Clenney

This week's question is:    

Q. Genre Wars! What's your favorite genre and which book in that genre made it your favorite?

That’s easy! Historical romance. The first book I ever read in that genre was Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas. He is only beaten by Mr. Darcy as my hero of heroes. I still reread Dreaming of You just for the awesome that is Derek Craven.

Book Blogger Hop
 
How many books are currently in your To-Be-Read (TBR) Pile?

My immediate TBR currently stands at 350. My whole TBR is probably close to 1,000. It’s a bit ridiculous. It’s mostly romance novels and YA series that I have been putting off.

14 comments:

  1. old follower just hoppin thru,,hope you have agreat weekend..
    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Old follower stopping by!!

    My favorite genre is Historical Fiction and by extension, Historical Romance!! Mr. Darcy is the standard that all the guys I date have to live up to. ;)

    ~Happy Reading!~
    www.abookaddictshaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who needs an Edward Cullen when you can have a Mr. Darcy! New follower :-)

    http://thefablefairy.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Hopping by from the follow friday.
    hostorical romance is a wonderfull genre
    Have a wonderfull weekend!
    Kyanara from the Life of a BookAholic

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Historical anything. My answer today was vintage mysteries. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any mention of Darcy and I am hooked. I love the familiarity of historical fiction and then the story that sets it apart and makes it the author's own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love historical romance, especially anything to do with Scotland or King Arthur! New Follower and my FF is: http://easternsunset-reads.blogspot.com/2011/06/follow-friday-5-in-my-mailbox-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday!
    Love historical romance too - my favorite author is Amanda Quick.
    Have a goof weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I thought that my TBR list was getting out of hand. It is currently over 300 - but I don't think it is over 400... yet.
    Bonnie @ HandsAndHome

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower! Happy reading, friend!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  11. My TBR is in a similar state.

    Come read my Book Blogger Hop post in which I discuss my TBR and coin a new way of measuring it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your TBR pile is making me nervous and i can't even see it! 350 books? maybe 1,000? ack! i have 7 on my TBR and am sweating. i don't like to feel beholden to my books. :) have a nice (readathon) weekend. ps. loved your wordle--so pretty!
    --natalie @book, line, and sinker

    ReplyDelete
  13. Old follower, stopping by to say hello! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey stopping by from follow friday, great choices & great blog! Looking forward to more posts. Have a great weekend. New follower!

    Darcy @ Open Book Empty Cup

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio