Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Friday Events (June 2nd)



I did not get to return comments last week--I had the mother of all bad weeks--but I will return them this week along with the ones from last week.

I also am borderline dancing joyously because the Motherreader 48 Hour Reading Challenge starts on the 3rd. Last year I went 43 hours. I think I am going to try to do the full 48 this year.


Cupcake of the week: Crème Brulee

Reviews posted this week:
  1. The Ninth Wife by Amy Stolls
  2. Mr. Darcy and the Secret of Becoming a Gentleman by Maria Hamilton
  3. Love Drunk Cowboy by Carolyn Brown
  4. Mocked By Destiny by Michele Richard
  5. The London Train by Tessa Hadley
  6. Wickedly Charming by Kristine Grayson

This week's question is:     Q. What are you doing to prepare for an upcoming zombie apocalypse and/or the return of Mel Gibson to the silver screen? (Both of which could be terrifying.)   There is only one thing you can do to prepare for a zombie apocalypse or a Mel Gibson movie: Cardio. But I’m not doing much of it anyway. So I am likely going to die.
Book Blogger Hop
“Share your favorite post from the last month and tell us why it’s close to your heart!”

My favorite post from last month was my post Blogging about Blogging from Armchair BEA. It’s my simple little blogging manifesto. I don’t have many rules about blogging but the ones I follow are in there.

20 comments:

  1. Haha! So true! I am also unprepared and am starting to worry just a little bit!

    MyFollowFridayPost

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bonnie

    I think I've just accepted my imminent death and am just trying to read as many books beforehand as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I'd say running specifically on the cardio training would be useful.
    My Anniversary Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hopping by! Great BEA Armchair post!

    Somer @ A Bird's Eye Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through from FF!
    I hope you have an excellent weekend.

    -Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well,,Ok then,,,new follower,,,happy friday,,and stay away from the zombies,,,cause I sure wouldn't want you to die,,
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hopping by =) nice post btw.
    mine can you find here http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi & Happy Friday!

    A great answer ;) my FF is here, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend.

    PS. Yummo to Crème Brulee cupcakes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Armchair BEA was a lot of fun. I chose xxxHolic volume 1 by CLAMP as my favorite post for May 2011. Come see why.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by and following. I'm following back!
    I don't think even cardio will save us from the return of malicious Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We'll all die at some point! Enjoy life while you can. Given the choice between a zombie apocalypse and Mel Gibson, i think I'd take the zombies.
    Nina xxx
    http://deathbooksandtea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am totally with you on the cardio! lol. And I just read your Blogging for Blogging post and loved it! definitely bookmarking it to keep those things fresh in my mind! Thanks for stopping by, new follower ;)

    ~Loren
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol--great answer! I can see the t-shirt/bumper-sticker now, "Cardio--Zombies can't eat you if they can't catch you"

    (\__/)nymfaux

    ReplyDelete
  14. Popping over from Parajunkee.

    Happy Friday! I'm following you now.

    (my follow-friday post)

    ReplyDelete
  15. howard@malinche.netThe Follow Friday post is (and, as always, please be sure to include the signature below):

    As the saying goes – the best defense is a good offense. I’ve got that covered! My preparations for the zombie apocalypse are not just intricate, they’re stylish. I’m not talking “last stand” stuff here. I mean to lure in the zombies and slaughter them wholesale while we sip champagne and watch.

    How am I going to do that? Follow me back to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and read all about it.

    Thank G-d it’s Follow Friday!

    Howard Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! I am your newest follower and I don't do much cardio either, so if you meet me in the event of a zombie-apocalypse I might already have turned. :) Please follow me back when you can, thanks!

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookwormm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oops, http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com I meant.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Having good cardio abilities will get you out of a light of iffy situations.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    ~Monique

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the blog. New follower. I plan to get a gun and hopefully will be able to use it, so that I can defend myself. Trying to have good cardio is important if you don't want to end up zombie food.

    ReplyDelete
  20. #1 one about Zombiland- Always outrun your component....lolz

    Just stopping by. Have a great weekend!!
    Hop on by Paranormal Wastelands and while your there enter for your chance to win some free book here!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio