Search Me!


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review: Creed’s Honor by Linda Lael Miller

Creed's Honor (Hqn)Publisher: HQN Books
ISBN: 0373775806
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Western/Contemporary
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:
Conner Creed knows exactly who he is: a hardworking rancher carrying on his uncle's legacy in Lonesome Bend, Colorado. Maybe a small-town cowboy's life isn't his dream, but he owes the man who took him in as a kid. Until the identical twin brother he's been estranged from for years reenters his life.
Conner struggles with identity issues as he gets to know his wilder brother. And then he meets Tricia McCall, a beautiful woman who knows a thing or two about living someone else's dreams. Together, they just might find their own dreams right here in Lonesome Bend….
My Review:  
I love Linda Lael Miller. I have most of her books tucked away in my bookshelf and they all have been read more than once. She is another of those authors that I share with my mother. Especially her older books-I stole them from my mother. I was tremendously excited to read this one. I am writing this review in the middle of a baking marathon—so it might be a bit rambling.
I really liked Tricia. I did wonder about her at the start. She seemed to be a little weak. I mean her eyes were always burning for some reason or another. I began to worry if she had an eye ailment. But as the book went on, I began to like her more. I loved Connor. He was such as strong hero but he had a really sweet soft side as well. I thought he had great chemistry with Tricia but what I loved more was that they didn’t spend too much time together in the book. They weren’t always attached to each other’s hip. It gave them a great opportunity to develop as characters on their own.
As always with Linda Lael Miller, the writing and character and plot development were spot on. I loved the slow development of the romance. Both Tricia and Connor were given a chance to develop on their own and then as a couple. I also love the importance of animals. By the end, I wanted to give Valentino such a big cuddle. I also need that recipe for the chili (if there is one). It sounded so good and made me so hungry that I was forced to make subpar chili at midnight.
I absolutely must buy the first book in this series (A Creed in Stone Creek) and I can’t wait for the next book (Creed’s Honor).
*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. Great review. I am a big fan of Linda Lael Miller's cowboys and am really looking forward to reading this series.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio