Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, June 27, 2011

Review: Demons Prefer Blondes by Sidney Ayers

Demons Prefer BlondesPublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402251742
Pages: 416 pages
Genre: Romance/Paranormal
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb


Summary from publisher:
A BAD DAY FOR A DEMON

Rafe Deleon is a senior demon and he resents like hell his assignment to Earth to retrieve the Chest of the Damned before it falls into the wrong hands. But then he meets beautiful, intriguing succubus Lucy Gregory and she's just unleashed a whole load of trouble...

REALLY SUCKS FOR A SUCCUBUS

Lucy's chic suburban beauty salon has suddenly become the Underworld's center of mass chaos and destruction. The only good thing in a day going rapidly down the tubes is the arrival of a gorgeous demon who's adamant that he can help her...
But Lucy has quite a few deeply unpleasant--not to mention deadly and hateful--surprises ahead of her, and surely there's never been a worse time to try out a new boyfriend...

My Review:


There are just some times when you are craving a book slightly off your beaten path. I experienced that feeling recently and I picked up Demons Prefer Blondes. It’s not something that I would usually pick up often but I found myself in the mood for a humorous paranormal romance. This was perfect.

Lucy was such a refreshing heroine. I have been inundated with really intense heroines. It was nice to meet one that I could laugh at. She had this sarcastic sense of humor that I found hysterical. I liked her quite a bit and never really had a moment where I wanted to strangle her with a garden hose. Rafe was ---why are all perfect heroes named Rafe? I’ve never come across a dud-hero named Rafe. He was definitely a tough one but I think I liked him more because of that. He countered the humor of Lucy’s character (and just about every other character) very well.

Demons Prefer Blondes was the type of paranormal romance I usually avoid—I prefer it to be a bit darker. But I didn’t realize how desperate I was for a funny read until I read this one. And this one was most definitely funny. I found myself chuckling and giggling throughout most of it. The humor was also not outlandish or at the expense of the romance. I did love the secondary characters—especially Squeaky. Who couldn’t love a chimp with a squeaky little voice and a penchant for mobster movies. I tend to like anyone who shares my love of mobster movies.

I cannot wait for the next book, Demons Like It Hot. Matthias sounds even more prettified than Rafe…if that’s possible

Rating:
*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio