Search Me!


Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Review: Heart of the Highland Wolf by Terry Spear

Heart of the Highland WolfPublisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402245521
Pages: 416 pages
Genre: Romance/Paranormal
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:
It's a matter of pride...
Modern day werewolf laird Ian MacNeill reluctantly allows a film production company to use his castle, but he knows his secretive clan has a big problem when a beautiful red werewolf female who insists she's working on the film keeps showing up in the wrong places... and a matter of pleasure...
Julia Wildthorn is not who she says she is-she's sneaking into Argent Castle to steal an ancient relic for her grandfather and to do research for her next werewolf romance novel. When she catches a glimpse of Ian, she realizes he's the perfect hero...
My Review:

I love Highander romances and I love shapeshifter romances. So this looked to be a perfect combination of all the things that I love. I also have loved the previous books in this series. I was really excited about this one.

Julia was admittedly not my favorite heroine that I have come across recently. I couldn’t seem to connect with her at all. It’s not that I didn’t like her but she was just a mite flat. I think I would have been more interested if Julia’s friend Maria had been the heroine. Ian was the typical alpha male…which is good. He was protective and strong. I definitely liked him much better than I liked Julia. I did not think that the chemistry between Ian and Julia was as intense as I would have liked it. I mean there was chemistry but it wasn’t spectacular.

I liked this book quite a bit while I was reading it. But, and this happens very rarely, I lost my interest almost immediately after I finished. I know it seems normal that you lose interest once you finish reading but with me, I usually give another pass through the book but I simply did not feel the urge to do that with this one. I also did not like the subplot of the story with the box and the promise. It did serve it’s purpose but I thought I was too much of a focus. I have loved the previous books in this series but this one, while I liked it, was not my favorite. I will still continue with the rest of the series and the previous books make up some of my favorite shapeshifter romances ever.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio