Search Me!


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review: Hush by Cherry Adair

HushPublisher: Pocket Star
ISBN:  1439153825
Pages: 432 pages
Genre: Romance/Thriller
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound

Summary from publisher:
A reckless adventure in a deadly paradise.
Thrill seekers Zakary and Gideon Stark travel the globe in search of extreme adventure, but a trip to Venezuela to jump off the world’s highest falls catapults them into a perilous game of life or death—where they don’t know the rules.
A one-night stand that will change his life forever.
Kidnapped with a woman Zak knows nothing about, the brothers are held prisoner deep in the jungle. A risky, deathdefying escape separates them and nearly claims Zak’s life . . . until his recovery reveals a baffling new sixth sense.
An unexpected diversion with lethal consequences.
Now, to find his missing brother, Zak and the mysterious Acadia Gray will have to out-smart, out-gun, and out-maneuver not just the brutal kidnappers but also a new player who joins the adrenaline game: a ruthless opponent who wants the Stark brothers dead—at any cost.
My Review:
I love Cherry Adair. She is a favorite author that my mother and I share. We are always reading her books and passing them back and forth. She is one of the rare authors that we have in common. I lent her Hush and she initially refused to give it back. I eventually managed and I loved the book just as much as she did.
Acadia has to be one of my favorite heroines. She was so strong and resourceful. I don't think I have ever come across a heroine (or hero) quite a strong as her. She was the most prepared out of all of the characters for the situation they found themselves in. Because of her resourcefulness, it was easy to like her. I also liked Zak because he was man enough to let Acadia take a bit of the control. He was strong enough to lean on Acadia when he had to. I think this ability to take care of each other resulted in an amazing chemistry.
Hush was quite action packed. It almost felt like more of an action book than a romance at times. It sort of reminded me of an action film- I don't usually like them very much- but it was appealing in book form. I loved that the pace was fast and, while I usually avoid this type of romance, I really liked this one. Also, you will never guess who the real bad guy is. I didn' mother did but she can usually tell me what's going to happen on a soap two years in advance. I didn’t however like the supernatural ability that Zak gained after his near death experience. It just didn’t fit with the book and I didn’t think that it was necessary at all.
I will always recommend Cherry Adair to romance readers but I highly recommend this one.
*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. I read loved Hush. The characters were great and the story exciting.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio