Search Me!


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Review: Supernova by C.L. Parker

Supernova (Supernova Saga)Publisher: The Writer’s Coffee Shop Publishing House 
ISBN: 9781612130378
Pages: 223 pages
Genre: Romance/Paranormal
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: The Writer’s Coffee Shop, Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:
As part of a chosen bloodline, Kerrigan Cruz has inherited a gift: supernatural powers which give her the ability to protect a person’s free will from those who wish to alter destiny for their own design. After her grandmother’s passing, Kerrigan meets Dominic Grayson, an alluring stranger with a secret of his own. Dominic has been cursed, touched by both darkness and light, and Kerrigan is the only one who can save him. In their world, only three things are certain: His curse. Her gift. Their destiny.
My Review:
This was another one that I read during the 48 Hour Book Challenge. I blasted through it. It was one of the the major reasons that I was able to make it to 48 hours. It was just that good.
I initially thought I was going to have trouble with Kerrigan. She just let everything happen to her. She let everyone lead her around and took no agency over her own life. I mean, if the man your father wants you to marry has halitosis and does not bother with breath mints, you put on your big girl panties and tell him to take a hike immediately. Once she got rid of him and took some control, I loved her. She was strong, intelligent and very relatable. Dominic was of the uber-sexy. I have to admit that I developed a crush on him. He was so mysterious and snarky. And we all know how awesome mysterious and snarky heroes are. I, of course, have to mention Gabe. He was a gem of a character. He’s a character you are unlikely to forget. He made me remember all of the Gabes in my life.   
I am never one to be attracted to a book because of the cover but how can you deny this one? It’s creepy yet beautiful at the same time. Although the eyes at the start of every chapter blinked at me every time I turned the page—and scared the daylights out of me—this is one of my favorite covers of the year so far. I loved the paranormal element. I loved it almost as much as the romance. Almost. I always love the romance more. Especially when the characters have as much chemistry as Kerrigan and Dominic.
I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this book. HIGHLY. I can’t say the word HIGHLY enough. Because that’s how much I loved it. I will be trolling this series like the rabid fangirl that I am. Perhaps I should just make a page of series that I am trolling like the rabid fangirl that I am.
*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.


  1. I only have 30 pages left to go and this is one of my favourite reads of the year! I can't believe I'm reading blogs and not finishing this book - but I have to leave to pick my daughter up from school in 10 mins and I'm afraid if I start reading I will loose track of time... This book Really. Is. That. Good.

  2. @Bonnie

    I know! I don't usually like to gush but I really couldn't help it with this one. I can't wait for the next book.

  3. CL Parker was having some trouble posting a was I...but she asked me to post this for her:

    Speaking of gushing...

    I don't think I have any bodily fluids left after reading this review. TMI?

    I was so excited about this post that I literally exhausted myself. All I want to do is grab a cot, a pillow, my blankie, and yes, Dominic Grayson to cuddle up with.
    I have been on the edge of my seat, biting my nails while waiting for the reviews to come in. When there wasn't one with the guest post this morning, I thought, "She hated it. Oh, God, she hated it, and her mother taught her that if she didn't have anything nice to say, to not say anything at all." LOL! I have a pretty overactive imagination, obviously.

    Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for devoting your valuable time to reading SUPERNOVA and posting your opinion. Word of mouth means everything to a debut author. I appreciate all the gabbing you can do to help spread the word. ;)

    CL Parker



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio