Search Me!


Saturday, June 25, 2011

Review: Trace of Fever by Lori Foster

Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor)Publisher: HQN Books
ISBN: 037377575X
Pages: 400 pages
Genre: Romance/Suspense
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:
Undercover mercenary Trace Rivers loves the adrenaline rush of a well-planned mission. First he'll earn the trust of corrupt businessman Murray Coburn, then gather the proof he needs to shut down the man's dirty smuggling operation. It's a perfect scheme—until Coburn's long-lost daughter saunters in with her own deadly plan for revenge.
With a smile like an angel and fire in her eyes, Priscilla Patterson isn't who she seems to be. But neither is the gorgeous bodyguard who ignites all her senses. Joining forces to plot Coburn's downfall, Priss and Trace must fight the undeniable heat between them. For one wrong move, one lingering embrace, will expose them to the wrath of a merciless opponent….
My Review:
This is another one of the books I finished during the 48 Hour Book Challenge. This book and its predecessor were the perfect books to get me through the long 48 hours. They were action-packed, fast paced and sweet all at the same time.

I do have to admit that I did not like Priss as much as I liked Molly. I did like her but she lacked some of the awesome that defined Molly. Molly’s strength seemed to be a bit more controlled. Priss was sort of foolhardy and impulsive. Not to say that’s bad but sometimes I wanted to give a good smack upside the head. Trace was a character that I was looking forward to reading about when I was reading When You Dare. He was sweet with a good amount of alpha-male tendencies. Totally a good thing. I still like Dare more (it’s the gruffness) but Trace was quite the good distraction for a couple of hours during the readathon.

Lori Foster really knows how to create an amazing romantic suspense. Both the romance and suspense are always completely balanced out and interesting. Usually when I read books like this I skim the suspense parts (hate to admit it but I do). But with Lori Foster’s books, the suspense holds my interest just as much as the romance. The bad guy was uber-creepy. I almost never admit that bad guys freak me out but this one did. Trace and Priss also had a great chemistry. Despite my annoyance with Priss, their chemistry rivaled Molly and Dare’s. I am most definitely waiting for the next book Savor the Danger because Alani and Jackson’s story looks to be amazing.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I did not like Priss quite as much as Molly, but still LOVED the book.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio