Search Me!


Friday, July 1, 2011

Review: Wish You Were Here by Phillipa Ashley

Wish You Were HerePublisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
ISBN: 1402241445
Pages: 304 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:
Phillipa Ashley is a bestselling author in the UK with over 50,000 copies sold and the kind of funny, accessible British voice that U.S. audiences love.
Jack Thornfield, new CEO, is shocked to see his long lost love, Beth Allen's resume come across his desk. After 8 years apart they have a second chance at happiness in this romantic story about love and secrets.
My Review:

I have been looking forward too reading this book since I finished Dating Mr. December. I loved that one and I knew I would love this one as well…and I did. I loved this one even more.

I loved Beth. I definitely identified with her. She was the type of heroine that is so normal and regular that you can see yourself in her shoes. I don’t have any idea why someone so awesome was with such a dud like Marcus. What exactly did she see in him? He was so dry and boring. I also don’t know how she managed to forgive Jack at all. I must be much more forgiving because I would have made him miserable for a whole lot longer. I did like Jack but I kinda sorta couldn’t forgive him for how he treated Beth in the past and for flaunting his relationship with Camilla in the present. It may seem petty but I wanted to see him suffer a little.

I did love the bitter ex-lovers plot. It is one of my favorite romance plots and almost always results in an amazing book. I do wish that Beth had given Jack more of a difficult time but I always think they go to easy. I also don’t really accept Jack’s reasoning for abandoning Beth---I mean he could have called her and told her not to hold out for him. It’s just common courtesy. I did like this book quite a bit. I felt so passionate about all of the characters. I very rarely find a book that makes me feel so passionately.

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm this one sounds pretty interesting! I do love a good romance with a good plot! :)



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio