Search Me!

Loading...

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Spring Into Summer Readathon-Saturday Updates

image

I finally convinced my service providers to fix my connection. It took two hours for them to figure out that they had a setting mixed up or something on their end….I don’t know. All I know is that I have my internet back.

I read all night. I finished Catching Fire last night and Mockingjay this morning. Why did I wait so long to read this series.

Mini Challenge:

The two books that I think they should teach in school are Jane Austen’s books. They are books that I had to find on my own because the teachers in school thought they were too advanced for a kid my age. They went so far as to tell me that in the 8th grade when I brought one of them into class to read in my free time. They tried to pawn some books that were more “my level” on me. I just had a flashback of grade school and it made me mad.

Update #7:

  • Total Books Read: 3
  • Total Pages Read: 1195
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 2
  • Pages Read since last update: 509
  • Total time read: 27 hours 
  • What I'm currently reading: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
  • How I'm currently feeling: It’s very easy to not be distracted and tired when the books you are reading are more engrossing than even the True Blood marathon on TV right now. I am in borderline love with Peeta. I thought it would be Gale but…Peeta. And Katniss was so kickass. I am now reading Shiver. I’m 30 pages in. I would have been farther but I kept going back and reading The Hunger Games series. I’m currently very relaxed and wide awake and drinking Sweet Potato Pie Tea.

  Update #8

  • Total Books Read: 3
  • Total Pages Read: 1230
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 35
  • Total time read: 28 hours 
  • What I'm currently reading: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (on page 65)
  • How I'm currently feeling: Still good. A bit tired but I’m pushing through it. I’m thinking of making some Cream Tea in a couple of minutes.

Mini-Challenge:

anagram

Yep…I didn’t make that up.

Update #9

  • Total Books Read: 3
  • Total Pages Read: 1295
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 65
  • Total time read: 30 hours 
  • What I'm currently reading: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (on page 130)
  • How I'm currently feeling: I am still good. Had spicy chicken for dinner. Now having Spice Tea. Still reading.

 

Mini Challenge:

Tell me, what is the funniest/most inspiring thing you have read so far in the read-a-thon?

I haven’t read anything very inspiring because I’ve only finished the Hunger Games series. But Katniss herself is pretty inspiring. She’s quite kickass.

Update #10

  • Total Books Read: 3
  • Total Pages Read: 1345
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 50
  • Total time read: 32 hours 
  • What I'm currently reading: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (on page 180)
  • How I'm currently feeling: Great! I haven’t slept in a little over two days but I am still wide awake and reading. Drinking Chocolate Chip Tea. Still reading Shiver.

Mini-Challenge:

If you could live in the world of one book, which would it be and why?

Hmm. The last time I was asked this question I answered Harry Potter…mainly because I had a huge crush on Snape at the time…now, it would probably be the Regency England of every romance novel I have ever read. It’s just my favorite time period.

Update #11

  • Total Books Read: 4
  • Total Pages Read: 1612
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 1
  • Pages Read since last update:  212
  • Total time read: 34 hours 
  • What I'm currently reading: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (just starting)
  • How I'm currently feeling: Still good. Drinking Birthday Cake Tea. Thinking of pillows and soft blankets for when I can sleep in 2 hours….or maybe not. I have a couple of reviews to draft.

SIS Readathon Final Report:

First of all, give us an end-of-read-a-thon status update. Books read, pages read, you know the drill!

  • Total Books Read: 4  
  • Total Pages Read: 1819
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update:  207
  • Total time read: 36 hours 
  • What I'm currently reading: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (on page 207)
  • How I'm currently feeling: Not tired at all. Kinda frazzled that it’s over. Kinda weirded out that I finished another readathon. I think I need help with my insomnia. I did drink tea throughout so I think I may have proven my theory right.

What is your favorite book you read during the read-a-thon?

I loved all of them but I think Shiver was my favorite. I have the hugest crush on Sam and it’s a namesake book.

Did you participate in any mini-challenges? Which ones?

Almost all of them.

Which mini-challenge was your favorite?

I still love the wordle. I saved it. It’s so pretty.

What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?

I love all of the mini-challenges. They definitely kept me engaged.

Are you satisfied with how much reading you got done? Did you do more than you expected? Less?

I did okay. I was hoping to get more than 4 books read and I was also hoping to get to Cassandra Clare’s books.

What did you think of the updates? Too close together? Didn't like the time limit?

Two hours is the perfect interval between updates.

If you could change one thing about the read-a-thon, what would it be?

I would make it a full 48 hours instead of 36.

Would you participate in another read-a-thon hosted by Squeaky Books? Why or why not? (Again, I won't cry if you say "no")

YES! It was way too fun not to do again. I love readathons.

Any last comments on the read-a-thon?

Noppers

2 comments:

  1. Hey! thanks for following me! Love the header of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! I wish I could do this sometime!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio