Search Me!

Loading...

Friday, June 17, 2011

Spring Into Summer Readathon: Starting Line and Friday Updates

image

So it happened again. I was up bright eyed and bushy tailed to start reading (which I did) and the internet was dead. It’s been fixed…Again.

I have no idea what I am planning to read but it includes The Hunger Games, The Vampire Diaries and both of Cassandra Clare’s series.

What book are you starting with?

  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I started and stopped with this book so many times
I hope to read:
  • Many of the series that I have been hedging on
Where are you going to read?
  • I'm reading on my orange comfy chair with a cup of coffee (later tea).
  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: 75
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 75
  • Total time read: 3 hrs
  • How I'm currently feeling: Frustrated because of the damn internet.
  • What I’m currently reading: The Hunger Games. I read it a little during the last readathon but I am starting over.

Mini-Challenge #1:

Favorite movie adaptation: The first two Anne of Green Gables TV movies. Everything was perfect. It made me love the books more. That’s a very rare movie that can do that.

Least favorite movie adaptation: The 2005 Pride and Prejudice. It was terrible. They made it into an over-angsty, teenage drama mess. And the ending scene…Ugh

Mini-Challenge #2:

New Picture (1)

 

Update #2

  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: 120
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 45
  • Total time read: 5 hrs 
  • How I'm currently feeling: Happy. The Hunger Games is finally clicking for me.
  • What I’m currently reading: The Hunger Games. I read it a little during the last readathon but I am starting over.

Mini-Challenge #3

This is terrible but:

In a small town, there was a Shaman. His name was Goat. He lived in a small cottage and drank tea for breakfast every day. He is addicted to online poker and spends most of his day playing it on his laptop. He won most of his games through his laser-like concentration and his ability to bluff. He supports his habit by selling limes at the local farmers market even though he is not a farmer.

Update #3

  • Total Books Read: 0
  • Total Pages Read: 200
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 80
  • Total time read: 6 hrs 
  • How I'm currently feeling: Normal
  • What I’m currently reading: The Hunger Games still.

Mini-Challenge #4

catcher

+

fire

=? (It’s so easy)

Update #4

  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 384
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 1
  • Pages Read since last update: 184
  • Total time read: 8 hrs 
  • How I'm currently feeling: Frazzed—need tea
  • What I’m currently reading: Umm the sequel to The Hunger Games

Update #5

  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 484
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 100
  • Total time read: 10 hours
  • What I'm currently reading: Catching Fire (Holy God, I don’t know why I was having so much trouble getting into this series the last time)
  • Books Finished: The Hunger Games
  • How I'm currently feeling: Great! I had a mild allergy attack which was bad but now I am drinking tea (Earl Grey Bravo—it’s the best Earl Grey tea ever) and reading Catching Fire.

Read-a-thon Report #1 & Update #6

First of all, give us an end-of-day status update. Books read, pages read, you know the drill!-

  • Total Books Read: 1
  • Total Pages Read: 686
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 0
  • Pages Read since last update: 202
  • Total time read: 12 hours
  • What I'm currently reading: Catching Fire (I have an official crush on Peeta. I’m declaring myself Team Peeta.)  -I’m on page 302
  • Books Finished: The Hunger Games
  • How I'm currently feeling: Still great. Readathons are the only time I really get fun reading done so it’s been the highlight of my week.

What is the favorite thing you have read today?-

Well the books I have read are a part of a series so all of them. I found it a whole lot easier to get into Catching Fire though.

Which mini-challenge was your favorite?-

I liked the wordle the best. Mine was so pretty---and a bit weird.

What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?-

I like that the updates have been every two hours. It makes it easier to keep up.

What has been your LEAST favorite thing about the read-a-thon?-

The story. I am terrible at writing anything creative. I ended up writing about a Shaman who had a gambling addiction and sold limes to pay for it. I just go there, don’t I?

Are you on track to meet your goals?

Yes. I have kept up and kept reading.

Will you be participating tomorrow? Do you have any new goals?-

Yes! I still maintain that my secret weapon in readathons is tea. I am drinking my lovely Caramel Tea right now.

7 comments:

  1. new follower! [:

    Found your blog through the linky for this read-a-thon (needed a reading break). [: Good luck on your goals and happy reading!

    stop if your get a chance, thanks!:
    http://letsevaluate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I'm a new follower!

    I'm so jealous you get to read the Hunger Games. I just finished the trilogy recently and would to experience it all over again for the first time. Enjoy! It's a fast-paced read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching Fire??

    I still have not read the Hunger Games! I am serious going to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I'm glad you are liking the Hunger Games series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHhh. I was slow on this one. I haven't read The Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've made great progress. I loved the first two books in the Hunger Games series, but I still haven't finished the last book :/ I should have made that one of my readathon goals.

    I found you through the read-a-thon linky.
    www.the-caffeinated-reader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio