Cupcake of the week: Cookie Dough
Flavors I’ve been pondering-Fig and Vanilla Bean, Chocolate Stout and Pretzel
Reviews posted this week:
- When You Dare by Lori Foster
- Trace of Fever by Lori Foster
- Demons Prefer Blondes by Sidney Ayers
- The Ex-Boyfriend’s Handbook by Matt Dunn
- Heart of the Highland Wolf by Terry Spear
- Things We Didn’t Say by Kristina Riggle
Q. ACK! Your favorite book/movie character (example Hermione Granger played by the Emma chick) just walked into the room! Who is it and what would be your first reaction? You get extra points if you include visual stimulation.
Hmmm my favorite character…Snape played by Alan Rickman or Darcy played by Colin Firth. I think I am going with Snape. My first reaction would be undignified screeching followed by even more undignified fawning followed by common sense. I would probably, once I got my sense back, ask him to call me a “dunderheaded girl” just once. I would probably call him Professor Velvety Voice or something of that type. I’m rather pathetic when it comes to Snapey-Poo.
What keeps you reading beyond the first few pages of a book, and what makes you want to stop reading a book and put it back on the shelf?I generally give each book a chapter or two before I put it down. A connection with the main character is necessary for me. If he/she annoys me, I’m done. Also if I am reading a romance novel and the main couple has zero chemistry from the start, I generally will quit reading it unless it’s an author I trust.
Mr & Mrs: Who are your favorite book couples?
I have many.
- Darcy/Lizzy-How can they not be on this list. They are THE romantic couple.
- Anne/Gilbert-Anne bullied him and yet he loved her. I’m feeling the need to read the books again.
- Jo/Bhaer-I know many people were pissed that Jo ended up with the professor but I loved it. Laurie annoyed me anyway.
- Edward/Bella-I hate to admit it but they are on this list not because of the books but because of the fanfic writers who write this couple better than Meyer ever did.
- Diccan/Grace-Never A Gentleman by Eileen Dreyer- I love this book but he is so cruel to her most of the time. I have no idea why I love them so much but I do.
- Katniss/Peeta-I thought I would love Gale more but I fell in love with Peeta.
- Kerrigan/Dominic-Supernova-One of the best books and couples I have read this year. I will never cease in my shameless fangirling of this book.