Search Me!


Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Events (July 29th)

Cupcake of the week: Black Forest Cake, Salted Caramel, Butterscotch

Baking for Fun: Firewhiskey Cupcakes (Cinnamon cake and whiskey buttercream), The Slytherin (Dark Chocolate cupcake with Crème de Menthe—or maybe absinthe), The Severus Snape (Dark Chocolate with a Chocolate Scotch Buttercream)

Reviews posted this week:

  1. In Her Wake by Nancy Rappaport
  2. Savor the Danger by Lori Foster
  3. The Soldier by Grace Burrowes
  4. Anthropology of an American Girl by Hilary Thayer Hamann
  5. The Ghost of Greenwich Village by Lorna Graham
  6. What A Goddess Wants by Stephanie Julian
  7. The Secret Lives of People in Love by Simon Van Booy
  8. Before Versailles by Karleen Koen


This week's question is:

Q. Let's step away from books for a second and get personal. What T-Shirt slogan best describes you?

There are two. One for when I am not baking and have a tantrum and want something yummy:

Keep Calm and Have a Cupcake

And then when that fails and there is a baking disaster and I have a tantrum:


Book Blogger Hop

This Week’s Hop
Not posted yet


Character Envy: If you could be one character from a book, who would you choose & why?

I don’t know really. I think I would have too pick  Katniss from the Hunger Games, Clary from the Mortal Instruments series or Rose from Vampire Academy. I loved  Katniss simply because she was so kickass. I want to see the movie simply because I want to see her kickass live…not for the boys that they casted as Peeta and Gale. I don’t care what you say and how good the actors were in their previous roles, they are not Peeta and Gale. Look at those pictures! Ugh. I picked Rose because she’s spunky, smart and kickass on the same level as Katniss. I picked Clary because she was not like a certain vampire loving brunette and did not become a droid when she fell in love.


  1. Hi, I'm a new follower!

    haha I love those shirts!

    very nice character picks, I would love to be Rose too, I'm surprised I didn't add her actually on my blog.

    My TGIF and FF can be found:

  2. Good choices! One day I'll learn hot to bake cupcakes, I promise! And your rating system? Awesome! I love the way you use Jane Austen's books :D
    This is my Follow Friday.
    And I'm a new follower. I wouldn't mind if you follow me back *winks* :D

    BTW, I have two international giveaways going on right now so feel free to pass by and enter :D


  3. Great choices!! New follower! I am new to all this but loving the FF fun!

    Here's mine for the week

  4. Yay someone finally picked Rose from VA! Yesssss. Here's my blogpost:

    oh and new follow here,

    Happy Friday!

  5. I don't know Rose yet. Haven't read the VA series. But Clary & Katniss are at the top of my list.

  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

  7. Katniss was one I was thinking of as well...she definitely kicks ass.

  8. I'm another new follower!

    I ADORE the Cupcake shirt! I have a "Make Cupcakes Not War" shirt; but I think I'd like the Keep Calm one even better! *lol*

    I absolutely adore Katniss as well; but I'm not sure she'd be my "Character of choice" for this question - I'm just a bit too wimpy for that!

  9. Love the shirt choices! I have bookmarks that say that :)

    New follower!

    Here's my post:

    Also, here's my most recent giveaway:

  10. Happy FF from a new follower. Nice choices. Cupcakes seem to be one of the favourite slogan topics :)

    ~ Daniel A. Kaine - ~

  11. That cupcake sounds delish! just stopping by for the blog hop. happy friday!

  12. That character has gotten been named quite a bit among today's bloggers of choice characters.

  13. Ooo, That fire whiskey cupcake sounds interesting. <3 baking. Awesome shirt choices too.

  14. Rose. I would always want to be Rose! : ) I think she is just too awesome. And I LOVE your "keep calm and have a cupcake" slogan.

    Stopping by from the Hop.

    Blog: Once Upon a Prologue
    Twitter: @ courageousgrace
    Goodreads: Here



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio