Search Me!


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Friday Events (July 8th)


Cupcake of the week: Chocolate Peanut Butter, Pina Colada with Rum Frosting, Blueberry with Lemon Buttercream, Chocolate Ancho, and Red Velvet

Reviews posted this week:

  1. Wish You Were Here by Phillipa Ashley
  2. Everything Beautiful Began After by Simon Van Booy
  3. Pulled by Amy Lichtenhan

This week's question is:    

Q. Let's step away from besties...What is the worst book that you've ever read and actually finished?

Oh Lord. I have 4.

A Fortunate Age- The first really bad book of my blogging career. I could barely finish it. The characters were abrasive and obnoxious and the storyline was inconsistent.

Prospect Park West- I always love books about New York so I figured I would love this. But it was just a bunch of self-centered idiots with Mommybrain and their exploits in an apartment complex. I never believed in the existence of Mommybrain until I read this book.

Impossible Motherhood-On the other end of the spectrum, I could not even get through this book but for the rage. She had 15 abortions. Fifteen! I am all for a woman’s right to choose but 15 abortions is abusing the right. A right that has been fought for and people have lost their lives over. This woman could have easily used birth control. She just chose not to. And for that reason, I could not sympathize with her. Not one bit. I not only could not keep this book in my house, I did not even donate it. I left it on the subway.

The Da Vinci Code-I HATE this book with a passion. I don’t think I dislike any book on the planet more than I dislike this one. It was terrible. I gave my copy away to the library and vowed to never touch another Dan Brown book again.  


Blogger Confession: What's the last book you could not finish? (or had a hard time finishing?)

I have loved most books by Isabel Allende but I did not like this one very much. It’s the only book in the last couple of years that I have had to struggle through. I finished it but the whole time, I was a couple of pages from throwing the book away.




Speaking of books that I wanted to burn. Impossible Motherhood made me want to light the book aflame. It made me so angry that I had trouble finishing it. It was the single worst reading experience of my life.


  1. Sorry that you didn't like any of those books. The Da Vinci Code never interested me. There was way too much hype around it for my tastes.

    New Follower

  2. Hi & Happy Friday!

    The only book I have read from your list is The Da Vinci Code which I didn't find too memorable.

    My FF,

    Have a nice weekend..

  3. oops! I loved the Da Vinci Code. I think because of the treasure hunt atmosphere.
    Here's my HOP
    Have a good weekend.

  4. I really like the cover for Prospect Park West. I like DaVinci Code just for the discussions it sparked.

    Girl Who Reads

  5. @Donna

    I liked the cover as well but the book just did not live up to it.

    I do have to admit that the Da Vinci Code did bring my favorite historical topic into discussion. I fangirl the Knights Templar.

  6. @Lauren B

    I've never really liked treasure hunt books so perhaps that is why I didn't like this one.

  7. Uh-oh I just bought Island beneath the sky...I hope I can get through it...;)

  8. Oh I loved the DiVinci it in a day..Hated the movie tho! I love how we can all like and dislike the same books and it all be ok..New Follower..cant wait to check out your blog further!

  9. I've only read the Da Vinci Code and didn't think it was as great as everyone said. I'm already a follower! My Follow Friday is at Coffee Table Reviews

  10. I've also heard bad things about the Da Vinci Code, which is why I haven't read it yet.

    New follower!

    Reader's Refuge

  11. Hopping through. I enjoyed The Da Vinci Code but wasn't so enamored with it that I gravitated to Brown's books. I haven't read any other.
    My Hop



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio