Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Review: The Creed Legacy by Linda Lael Miller

Publisher: HQN Books
ISBN: 0373776004
Pages: 384 pages
Genre: Romance/Western/Contemporary
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb


Summary from publisher:
Rough-and-tumble rodeo cowboy Brody Creed likes life on the move. Until a chance encounter with his long-estranged twin brother brings him "home" for the first time in years. Suddenly Brody is in Creed territory—at thirty-three, he's a restless bad boy among family with deep ties to the land and each other. And a secret past haunts him as he tries to make plans for his future.
Carolyn Simmons is looking for Mr. Right in Lonesome Bend, as the ticktock of her biological clock gets ever louder. Then she falls for gorgeous Brody Creed, the opposite of everything she wants. Until lassoing his wild heart becomes everything both of them need.
My Review:

I have discovered something recently. If Linda Lael Miller writes it, I will love it.  It’s just the way it is and I have come to accept it.

I was waiting anxiously for Brody and Carolyn’s story since Creed’s Honor. I am always looking for an angsty, tug on your heartstrings story and this looked to be a prime example. Normally, I have a bit of trouble with the weepy type of heroines. I usually want to bludgeon them with a blunt object but even though Carolyn was a bit weepy, I totally understood why. She was definitely dealing with some abandonment because of both Brody and her family. I loved Brody as well. I wanted to hate Brody for abandoning Carolyn in the past but found that I couldn’t. He was really trying to change his ways and become a better man. Even though these two characters have such a past together, their chemistry is amazing and their development as a couple was very realistic.

I loved just about everything about this book. This is one of my favorite romance plots-the reunion of bitter ex-lovers. It is always packed with tension and emotion. It was not different with this one. I also love that the pace of the storytelling was very calm and there was not great adventure. The story was focused on the development of the relationship between Brody and Carolyn and the community of Lonesome Bend. It was such a simple story yet the backstory between Brody and Carolyn added more than enough drama and tension to keep the plot interesting.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio