Search Me!


Monday, July 25, 2011

Review: Savor the Danger by Lori Foster

Publisher: HQN Books
ISBN: 0373775822
Pages:416 pages
Genre: Romance/Mystery/Thriller 
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

She may be aloof, and more pretty than gorgeous, but Alani Rivers is the kind of woman a hot-blooded mercenary can't forget, no matter how hard he tries. So when Jackson Savor wakes up next to the naked, sleeping beauty—with no memory of what happened— he knows he's been drugged…even if Alani doesn't.

After she was kidnapped, Alani vowed never to trust another man again. Still, something about this strong, sexy hero with the tender touch makes her want to believe him. As Jackson hunts down a mysterious intruder, he swears he'll move heaven and earth to keep Alani safe. But what really happened that night? And will the truth bring them closer than they ever thought possible—or put Alani squarely in harm's way again?

My Review:

I loved the previous books, When You Dare and Trace of Fear. I was expecting much of the same awesomeness from Savor the Danger. I know it's generally bad to go into a book with high expectations but it's Lori Foster and she never disappoints me. She didn't disappoint me with this one and that's what counts.

I have been looking forward to Alani and Jackson's story since the last book. They had such great chemistry in their scenes in the last book and it definitely continued in this one. Alani was the Molly type of awesome. She was perfectly content ot take care of herself but it was never in a foolhardy way. Jackson was also great. He was also very charming and gentle yet very much strong, gruff and very alpha. He was the perfect complement to Alani. They also had some of the best chemistry in this series and it started in the last book.

This was yet another Lori Foster with an amazing storyline and couple. Alani and Jackson had the best chemistry aside from Molly and Dare. I also loved the adventure and mystery aspects of the story. However, I was a bit confused about the late addition of Arizona. Her storyline was great but I felt that it was shoved into the last few chapters with little build up aside from mentions of her name. It took over the later part of the book when I wanted more of Alani and Jackson. I wish she either had been introduced a bit earlier or had her story mimic Alani and Jackson's with just a few scenes and then more development in the next book. That being said, I am still awaiting the next book with Arizona and Spencer like a rabid fangirl.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio