Search Me!


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Review: What A Goddess Wants by Stephanie Julian

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402251475
Pages:304 pages
Genre: Romance/Paranormal
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

It's OK no one remembers Etruscan Sun goddess Tessa. But when a demon threatens her life, she must turn to mythology's darkest warrior for protection...

Caligo of the Cimmerians has never met a woman as warm, sunny and inviting as Tessa. Their sizzling mutual attraction quickly sweeps the two of them into a love story that's worthy of the gods...

My Review:

I read this one during the Epic Baking Week. I did not expect to like it very much but I thought it would be good for a few chuckles. Turns out, I am a complete moron and this book was excellent. I guess when you judge a book by the cover…Get it. Tee Hee.

Tessa aka Thesan, the Etruscan Goddess of the Dawn was an amazing character.  She was a goddess yet she was so normal and so likeable. Caligo, a Cimmerian (Yes like Conan) was the typical protective warrior man full of machismo and alphaness.  I thought that the chemistry between Tessa and Cal was amazing. I didn’t really like that they just jumped into bed but their relationship developed very nicely after that.

I was obsessed with mythology when I was a kid. I used to tote around an encyclopedia of world myths everywhere. Even church. I do believe that I got in trouble for that. I don’t remember most of what I read but the interest has stuck with me after all this time. I loved how the mythologies of many different cultures mix and meld into one great plot. It could have been all jumbled or been completely unbelievable but it worked and it was so well done. The romance also mixes very well with the action.

Keep in mind that this is an erotic romance and the sexy times are plentiful.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.


  1. This book has gotten some great reviews,,I bought it over the 4th of July weekend but haven't had the chance to read it yet..
    Great Review!

  2. @Jennifer_After_Dark

    Thanks! I hope you enjoy it when you get around to reading it.

  3. Grace, I'm so glad you enjoyed Tessa and Cal's story. Thanks for reading.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio