Search Me!


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Friday Events (September 2nd)

Question: Does anyone know if there is a group of New York Book Bloggers yet? I was thinking of starting one.

Cupcakes: White Chocolate Raspberry and Neapolitan

Reviews posted this week:

  1. Catriona by Jeanette Baker
  2. In My Dreams by Cameo Renae
  3. Q: A Novel by Evan Mandery
  4. Wherever You Go by Joan Leegant
  5. The Vampire Next Door by Ashlyn Chase
  6. Displaced Persons by Ghita Schwarz
  7. The Private World of Georgette Heyer by Jane Aiken Hodge...


This week's question is:

Q. If you could change the ending of any book (or series), which book would you choose? Why and to what?

I think it’s a tie between Breaking Dawn and Harry Potter.

Breaking Dawn because the hybrid human/vampire spawn with a stupid amalgam of a name was the biggest piece of cow-pie I have ever read. There should not have been any reproduction in that series unless it was Jacob and his COMPLETELY HUMAN imprint. Again, I must ask, really? Was a baby necessary?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- First of all, Snape should have gone out like a hero. Not like a lovesick wuss bag. He should have done all of those brave things because he was a BIG DAMN HERO not because he was chasing Lily Evans’ tail. Also, in my pretty little world, Hermione does not marry the intellectual peon that is Ronald Weasley. She grows up, matures and meets her presumed dead, former professor in a café and they fall madly in love. Yes, I am a Hermione/Snape shipper. I just can’t see her being satisfied with that moron. It’s like Lizzy marrying Collins and being happy with it. I would even settle for Draco (who also was dealt crap at the end. Balding…really?)

Book Blogger Hop

This Week’s Hop

“What are you most looking forward to this fall/autumn season – A particular book release? Halloween? The leaves changing color? Cooler temperatures? A vacation? (If your next season is other than fall/autumn, tell us about it and what you are most looking forward to in your part of the world!)”

Three things:

1. The release of Silence.

2. Pumpkin Spice flavored goodness everywhere. I schedule my fall merriment around when the pumpkin spice ice cream and coffee drinks come out.

3. The end of my summer allergies. Once those trees start dying, I start breathing. It’s lovely.


Not posted yet.


  1. i thought about putting my answer as a character in a romance novel...but i've never read a true romance book - so i didn't think that would've been fair.

    Trish - My Friday Memes

  2. I know what you mean. The Outlander series seems like an endless book. Though I loved the first 2-3 books I'm getting annoyed with the rest.

    I’m a new follower
    My Hop

  3. Most people would guess I’d write myself in the role of a hero in a fictional adventure of some kind. But that would be only partially correct. As is my norm, I throw a curve ball in my answer that makes perfect sense one you follow my logic. Follow me back to my blog at and follow along the logic with me!

    Howard Sherman

  4. A romance novel character never entered my mind because I'm not a huge fan of the genre.

  5. The real question would be who you would want your romantic interest to be...someone handsome? Funny? Gosh, they should really make an E-Harmony for book characters...

    PS: I'm your new follower. Please check out my post that includes a horribly desperate statement about being written into GONE WITH THE WIND. Thanks!

  6. I agree! I love romance books. New follower!\\Check out my blog at

  7. It is a good fantasy - one a lot of girls have. Why else would read so many romance novels?

    Thanks for stopping by FF

    Following back

  8. new follower - come by and visit us

  9. Outlander is a really long book. I can't believe that I forgot about that one. Great book!! =)

    New follower. =)

  10. I want to read the Outlander series, but I'm intimidated by the time commitment. I have so many books on my TBR list already, adding that whole huge series to it is daunting. And yet I've heard so many great things about it.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio