Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Review: A Gentleman Never Tells by Amelia Grey

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402239750
Pages:384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

A stolen kiss from a stranger...

As if from a dream, Lady Gabrielle walked from the mist and into Viscount Brentwood's arms. Within moments, he's embroiled in more scandal than he ever thought possible...

Can sink even a perfect gentleman...

Beautiful, clever, and courageous, Lady Gabrielle needs Brent's help to get out of a seriously bad situation. But the more she gets to know him, the worse she feels about ruining his life...

Enter the unforgettable world of Amelia Grey's sparkling Regency London, where a single encounter may have devastating consequences for a gentleman and a lady...

My Review: 

I have read books by Amelia Grey before (Never A Bride) and liked it quite a bit. I was looking forward to this one. A forced marriage is one of my favorite romance plots ever. This one seemed to be a great example of that plot.

Gabrielle was a fine heroine. She had spunk and charisma. I liked her. There were, however, some things about her that just frustrated me. She was so manipulated by her moron of a sister. I really wanted Rosa to get her comeuppance. She so deserved it. I also really liked Brent. Who wouldn’t like a hero that you first meet while he walks his very very small dog? He was a true gentleman. I liked a bit more than I did Gabrielle and I very rarely like the hero more than the heroine.

I thought that Brent and Gabrielle had wonderful chemistry but I wish that the story had focused a bit more on them as a couple. I thought there was a bit too much focus on the missing dog and Rosa. I wanted to see a bit more development between our main couple. I did love the focus on the dogs—especially Brutus. I have a weakness for big lumbering dogs and Brutus reminded me of my old dog. He had me in tears because he brought back so many memories. This book had a bit of everything. Humor, romance, mystery and comedy of errors and all of it was done well. 

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio