Search Me!


Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Review: In The Heat of the Bite by Lydia Dare

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402245106
Pages:384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Paranormal/Vampires  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

Chivalry is far from undead...

Matthew Halkett, Earl of Blodswell, is one of the few men in the ton who can claim to be a knight in shining armor- because that's precisely what he was before being turned into a vampyre. When he spies a damsel in distress in the midst of a storm in Hyde Park, his natural instinct is to rush to her aid...

But not every woman needs to be rescued...

Weather-controlling witch Rhiannon Sinclair isn't caught in a storm-she's the cause of it. She's mortified to have been caught making trouble by the imposing earl, but she doesn't need any man-never has, and is sure she never will...

But when Rhiannon encounters Matthew again, her powers go awry and his supernatural abilities run amok. Between the two of them, the ton is thrown into an uproar. There's never been a more tempestuous scandal...

My Review: 

I am a huge Lydia Dare fan. I have fangirled her through her Regecy Wolves series and am currently fangirling through the Gentleman Vampires series. I am not obsessed but maybe obsessively interested.

Rhiannon has been one of my favorite characters since A Certain Wolfish Charm. She was always one of the most interesting members of the coven. I was excited to see who she would end up with. I was also hoping that it wouldn’t be Alec (he belongs with Sorcha). I couldn’t have picked anyone better than Matthew, Earl of Blodswell. He tries to save Rhiannon from a storm not knowing that she is a weather witch and saving her from a storm is rather superfluous. But still, he is a gentleman and he tries. That is what I love the most about him. He is the consummate gentleman.

There were so many things that I loved about this book. Well, that I have loved about all of Lydia Dare’s books. The characters were great and the chemistry between them was amazing. The chemistry between Rhiannon and Matt is only surpassed in greatness by the chemistry between Simon and Lily. I also loved that couples from previous books played a huge role in this one. The paranormal and romance aspects were fully fleshed out. Everything was totally believable and done to borderline perfection.

I cannot wait for the next book, Never Been Bit. It’s the story I’ve been waiting for, Alec and Sorcha’s.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I have loved ALL her books, and can't wait for this one.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio