Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, August 22, 2011

Review: In My Dreams by Cameo Renae

Publisher: CreateSpace
ISBN: 1461083990
Pages:248 pages
Genre: Young Adult  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

It was happening again. The dreams. The nightmares. It was something seventeen year-old Elizabeth "Lizzy" Hayes thought she'd outgrown; dreams that would come true; detailed premonitions of how people would die. This time she dreams about her boyfriend, Michael Young, and soon discovers that he's been found... dead. Michael hasn't crossed over because he was murdered, and now his murderer is coming for Lizzy. His spirit won't rest until she is safe, and as a newbie spirit, the easiest way for him to make contact is through Lizzy's dreams. When she dreams, it's as if he hasn't died. Lizzy must learn to pull on her inner strength to survive horrifying events. Meanwhile, in the spirit world, Michael learns everything he can about his supernatural gifts to help. But will it be enough to save her?

My Review:      

It’s been a while since I’ve posted a review of a YA book. Probably much longer than it should have been. I’ve been reading a lot of YA. I might have to reread some of the YA that I have read this summer. This was one great read that might have just kick-started my passion and love for YA again because it has been waning a bit.

Lizzy and Michael have to be one of the best and most heart-wrenching couples I have ever read about. Their connection was so strong and intense. I couldn’t help but empathize with them. Especially Lizzy. I made such an intense connection with her. She was so strong and was truly one of the best heroines I have ever come across because if her innate strength.

This was one of those books that, and I am woman enough to admit this, had me in tears at some points. I am not a crier but I just couldn’t seem to help myself with this one.  I thought that the story was completely compelling and the writing was excellent. It is very rare for me to say this but Renae’s phrasing was flawless. I mean it. Absolutely flawless. I don’t usually throw that word around but here it is and I ‘m saying it.

I was so glad I picked up this book. It possibly reinvigorated my love of the YA genre.Highly recommended.

 
Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your review with us! I cried at certain points as well..it was hard not too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm speechless! You just made my Monday!:) Thanks for reading and reviewing In My Dreams. I'm SO thrilled that you liked it. *gleefully clapping*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't this an awesome book? I was so into it I forgot it was YA. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to say one of the best and thrilling books I've read in quite awhile. Keep up the great work Cameo Renae. Waiting patiently for more good reads from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! You have a fabulous blog! I’m an author and illustrator and I made some awards to give to fellow bloggers whose sites I enjoy. I want to award you with the Best Books Blog Award. There are no pass along requirements. This is just to reward you for all the hard work you do! Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review all these books for us authors and readers.

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.
    ~Deirdra

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio