Search Me!

Loading...

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Review: Just One Season in London by Leigh Michaels

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN: 1402244207
Pages:384 pages
Genre: Romance/Historical/Regency  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

A family that courts together...

Viscount Ryecroft has a beautiful sister he needs to marry off... if only he had the money for her Season in London.

His family is in financial ruins, and his mother is willing to do anything to help her children, including sell herself to the highe st bidder...

Finds passion on their own...

Sophie Ryecroft will sacrifice love to marry for the good of her family... but instead finds passion and solace in an attracti ve alternative.

With so much riding on their one and only Season in London, Rye, Sophie, and Miranda can't help but get hopelessly entangled with all the wrong people...

Celebrated author Leigh Michaels effortlessly weaves three tales of unexpected romance with surprising twists you won't soon forget.

My Review: 

I read this book in one sitting. It’s very rare that I do that because my attention span is not the greatest.

This one focuses on three couples Lady Miranda and Marcus, her childhood sweetheart; her son, Rye and Prudence, the companion of a woman he employs to help find him a rich wife; and Sophie and Robert. The well-being of the whole family hinges on finding Sophie a rich husband. I loved all of these couples. Each of their stories were so entertaining. I also liked all of the characters except maybe Sophie at times because she was so uppity. Each couple had their own unique feel to them.

This one reminded me so much of Georgette Heyer. I don’t know why. It just seems like something she would write. Maybe a little less spicy but with the same vibe. Now, admittedly, if I compare something to Georgette Heyer, I must like it quite a bit. And I did. I do, however, wish that this was organized more like Michaels’ The Mistress House was with each couple getting a different chapter. I just felt a bit disjointed at times jumping between couples.

If you like the Georgette Heyer-type regencies, this one is definitely for you.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio