Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, August 1, 2011

Review: Pillow Talk by Freya North

Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
ISBN: 1402254466
Pages:464 pages
Genre: Romance/Contemporary/Humor  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

By day, Petra Flint is a talented jeweler working in a lively London studio. By night, she's a sleepwalker troubled by a past she can't put to bed and a present that leaves her clinging to an unsuitable boyfriend. Arlo Savidge was once a budding heartthrob musician. Then tragedy struck and he chose to forsake stardom and all future affairs of the heart for a quiet life in the countryside as a music teacher.

Petra and Arlo haven't seen each other since they were teenagers-when their feelings ran deep but the timing wasn't right. Now, seventeen years later, they run into each other once more. Might first love get a second chance-or will what keeps them up at night keep them apart forever?

My Review: 

I love reviewing books that I read during a readathon. It’s always a challenge as to whether or not I remember the book well enough to review it. I definitely remember this one.  

I have to admit that I was a bit annoyed with Petra in the beginning. She allowed herself to be mistreated by Rob and acted like a vapid doormat. She came into her own after Rob broke up with her and she met Arlo. I came to love her. However, I was almost as frustrated with Arlo as I was with Petra. The whole episode  with Miranda upset me to a surprising degree. I almost felt bad for her and I didn’t want to. I liked him but there were definitely some times that I wanted to smack him upside the head. Petra and Arlo had a very natural chemistry that played out very well and had a humorous edge to it.

This book dealt quite heavily with sleepwalking. I’m not quite unfamiliar with it. I have been known to sleepwalk on occasion. If I am looking for something before I got to bed, my family sometimes finds me rummaging around the house to find it. I don’t remember it the next morning but sometimes I wake up holding what I was looking for. I felt so bad for Petra. Her sleepwalking was so debilitating and the reason for it was heartbreaking. I loved this book. I found Petra and Arlo to be such an utterly charming couple and  North walked the line between humor and romance very well.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

  1. Sleepwalking is tough, especially if you tend to leave the house like my girlfriend's roommate from college.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio