Search Me!

Loading...

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Review: Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue by Stephanie Laurens

Publisher: Avon
ISBN: 0062068601
Pages:448 pages
Genre: Romance/Regency  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

You are cordially invited to the wedding of Miss Heather Cynster . . . but not before she encounters kidnappers, danger, and a daring rescue at the hands of Viscount Breckenridge

Determined to hunt down her very own hero, one who will sweep her off her feet and into wedded bliss, and despairing of finding him in London’s staid ballrooms, Heather Cynster steps out of her safe world and boldly attends a racy soiree.

But her promising hunt is ruined by the supremely interfering Viscount Breckenridge, who whisks her out of scandal—and straight into danger, when a mysterious enemy seizes her, bundles her into a coach, and conveys her out of London.

Now it’s up to the notorious Breckenridge to prove himself the hero she’s been searching for all along . . .

And coming next month, more unforgettable romance in the Cynster Sisters Trilogy

My Review:  

I must begin by saying that I am a huge fan of Stephanie Laurens without ever having read her books. Yes, I know that sounds strange but her books have been on my TBR for forever. I own all of them. Even the backlist. But just haven’t had the chance to read them. That will change and soon. Because, in reading the latest book in the Cynster series, I absolutely must go back and read them all.

First of all, I absolutely identify with Heather. What girl doesn’t want to find her hero and be swept off her feet? I also like that she was willing to do whatever she had to do find the man she wanted. Viscount Breckenridge is just the type of hero that Heather is looking for. He removes her from a very very bad party and, when she gets kidnapped, does his best to rescue her. I loved them both and they had such amazing chemistry.

I have heard from multiple sources that if you have read one Stephanie Laurens, you have read them all. But since I have read no Stephanie Laurens books before this one, I ‘m not bothered. I also don’t think I would care very much anyway. I am a fan of V.C. Andrews—the queen of repetition. Repetitive plots are fine as long as they are done well. And this was definitely done well. I loved the action, the romance, the chemistry and the conflict.

This book has made me even more anxious to read all of Stephanie Laurens books. I was already pretty anxious so be prepared for many many reviews to come.

Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

12 comments:

  1. Viscount Breckenridge sounds wickedly fun! An interfering man can be a good thing if it means saving you. I have read a couple of Stephanie Laurens's books and enjoyed them. I'm looking forward to this one.

    Cambonified(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having just discovered Stephanie Lauren's books and being totally enthralled by them, I can't wait to read this one.

    skpetal at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you enjoyed it. I've been enjoying Stephanies book for years & will continue no matter what a reviewer says, but it's still nice.

    sallans d at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! Glad to know you don't have to read all of the other books to be able to read this book. I love the cover and I've heard great things about Ms. Laurens and have added this to my shopping list.

    junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the review! I love the Cynsters and can't wait for this book.
    marlenebreakfield(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way this book sounds! I am really looking forward to reading it!

    justforswag(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually read romance novels, but since you gave it 5 stars, I will have to give it a try. Maybe it will switch me over to romance books!

    Also, I’m a new follower—wonderful blog! Stop by my blog and follow me too? :) http://rachelbrookswrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! And I love the way this book sounds. I can't wait to read it!

    ruby95660[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been so looking forward to the release of the Cynster girls books. Long time coming. They really sound good.

    kareninnc at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love historical romances, and this one sounds like a really fun story!
    castings at mindspring dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this book! Looking forward to reading it myself!

    chibipooh(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like an interesting read.

    abbydillon16 AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio