I have always been a bit of a nerd. I make no secret of it. I am bookish (obviously), I have natural librarian tendencies and I am probably the least athletic person I have ever come across. Why does this matter? Well, I have never been a part of a community of people just like me. People who love books like I love books. People who can talk about books with me and enjoy it. That means something to me because the only person I have ever been able to talk books with, aside from my also bookish mother, is my librarian—and she doesn’t like me very much because I am the queen of not returning books on time.
I joined this community about 3 years ago. It was a on a whim. I didn’t know what the heck I was going and just wanted to start a reading journal. I found something so much more. I quickly became obsessed. I moved my blog, joined Twitter, and opened myself up to so many more books than I would ever have found otherwise.
I guess with this part I have to finger point at people who have been nice to me—although I think there are very few bad eggs in the book blogger bunch. It could be a very long list but I am going to limit it to the people who have inspired me.
- J. Kaye from J. Kaye’s Book Blog- She was one of the first people to ever comment on my blog. I didn’t ever expect anyone to even bother looking at my blog so when she commented I was flabbergasted. I wore a cheesy smile for a day. She’s not around anymore and I miss her.
- Trish from Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin’?-One of the nicest and friendliest bloggers out there.
- Sarah and Candy from Smart Bitches, Trashy Books-I am a romance reader and their blog is my bible. It’s one of those cases where I have never spoken to them personally but I would be lost without their blog.
- Smexy Books is another favorite romance blog. It’s amazing that I have any space left with all of the romance blogs populating my TBR.
- Rebecca from Beck’s Book Picks- My interview partner from last year. I love her blog and I populate my TBR based on what she reads. I’m a copycat.
- Kate and Ashley from Back of the Book Reviews- Probably one of my favorite blogs out there. They have the best readathons and their reviews are great.