Search Me!

Loading...

Monday, September 12, 2011

BBAW: Community

image

I have always been a bit of a nerd. I make no secret of it. I am bookish (obviously), I have natural librarian tendencies and I am probably the least athletic person I have ever come across. Why does this matter? Well, I have never been a part of a community of people just like me. People who love books like I love books. People who can talk about books with me and enjoy it. That means something to me because the only person I have ever been able to talk books with, aside from my also bookish mother, is my librarian—and she doesn’t like me very much because I am the queen of not returning books on time.
I joined this community about 3 years ago. It was a on a whim. I didn’t know what the heck I was going and just wanted to start a reading journal. I found something so much more. I quickly became obsessed. I moved my blog, joined Twitter, and opened myself up to so many more books than I would ever have found otherwise.
I guess with this part I have to finger point at people who have been nice to me—although I think there are very few bad eggs in the book blogger bunch. It could be a very long list but I am going to limit it to the people who have inspired me.
  • J. Kaye from J. Kaye’s Book Blog- She was one of the first people to ever comment on my blog. I didn’t ever expect anyone to even bother looking at my blog so when she commented I was flabbergasted. I wore a cheesy smile for a day. She’s not around anymore and I miss her.
  • Trish from Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin’?-One of the nicest and friendliest bloggers out there.
  • Sarah and Candy from Smart Bitches, Trashy Books-I am a romance reader and their blog is my bible. It’s one of those cases where I have never spoken to them personally but I would be lost without their blog.
  • Smexy Books is another favorite romance blog. It’s amazing that I have any space left with all of the romance blogs populating my TBR.
  • Rebecca from Beck’s Book Picks- My interview partner from last year. I love her blog and I populate my TBR based on what she reads. I’m a copycat.
  • Kate and Ashley from Back of the Book Reviews- Probably one of my favorite blogs out there. They have the best readathons and their reviews are great.
I think that is about it. I would love to write a huge list and someday I will but I must return to my baking before my cupcakes burn to crisps.

6 comments:

  1. what is it with book bloggers & caffeine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @parrish lantern

    Dunno. I can't really blame book blogging. I've been drinking coffee since I was a toddler. I guess more energy equals more reading or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have to find a way to limit lists like this. There are just so many amazing book bloggers out there! My list of influential bloggers, if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hadn't heard of any of the blogs on your favs. But that's great too, I can go check them out.

    I have noticed I have started drinking coffee since I started blogging. I don't know why. I really don't like coffee unless it has a cup of sugar in it.

    Great to find your blog. Maybe we can stay connected. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss J. Kaye too. I was in awe of her prolific posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Lenasledgeblog.com

    Blogging does seem to lend itself to caffeine consumption. I do notice that I've branched out into more forms of caffeine since blogging--tea, energy drinks etc. Weird.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio