Today is my favorite of all the BBAW days…the blogger interview. I was lucky enough to be paired with Carol from Carol’s Notebook.
1) Tell me a bit about you, your blog, your favorite books/genres, style of pizza (NY!).
My blog is a lot like me, really. It's about books in a variety of genres, but you'll also find bits of my life, pictures of people and place, movies I've seen, flash fiction pieces and my daughter's drawings. Those are the things I enjoy, the things that are important to me. I'm a wife, mom, reader, wannabe writer, napper.
I live in Eastern Ohio along the river, which explains my favorite style of pizza - Steubenville style. I'm not sure how common this is outside of our region, so I thought I'd give a quick description. It's square, and the dough and sauce and a little cheese is baked and then after it comes out of the oven it's topped with the rest of the provolone and the pepperoni. So yeah, it's not greasy and it's covered with unmelted cheese - delicious. And you buy it by the slice.
2) What was you best blogging day? Your worst? Did you ever look at your Mount TBR and want to weep with the futility of it all?
This is not so much a blogging day, but it is blogging related. My stat counter hit 100,000 views and my husband decided that deserved a celebration. He brought home cake and flowers and insisted I hold a giveaway. He's sweet.
My worst blogging day was probably when I was trying to post an actual review from my phone- pure frustration.
To be honest, I love looking at my TBR pile. It's full of stories, adventures, new people, possibilities. My shelves make me smile.
3) If you were limited to a library of only 5 books, what would they be and why?
- The Bible - lessons, comfort, advice and stories that rival the best novels or soap operas
- A collection of Agatha Christie mysteries - I can read them over and over. I'm not a re-reader generally, but for these I make an exception.
- A Sherlock Holmes collection for the same reason. I do love my classic detectives.
- The Gammage Cup by Carol Kendall - I fell in love with this book in elementary school. When I re-read it with my daughter earlier this year it still held the same charm and adventure that I remembered.
- The Three Musketeers - It's been on my to-read list forever. I would have included The Count of Monte Cristo, but I've already read it and even though I did love it, I need something I haven't read on my list.
4) If you could give one piece of advice to a new blogger out there, what would it be?
My advice is to enjoy blogging. Have fun.
Favorite Word: Extravagant
Coffee or Tea: Coffee, black
Cookie or Cake (suggestions?): Oatmeal raisin cookies
Romance or Fantasy: Romance
I'm Most Proud of my daughter. She's smart, funny, talented, just a good kid.
I'm Scared that someone might be hiding behind the shower curtain.
Favorite Scent: Vanilla
Sweet or Spicy: Sweet