Search Me!


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BBAW Interview Swap: Carol from Carol’s Notebook


Today is my favorite of all the BBAW days…the blogger interview. I was lucky enough to be paired with Carol from Carol’s Notebook.

1) Tell me a bit about you, your blog, your favorite books/genres, style of pizza (NY!).

My blog is a lot like me, really. It's about books in a variety of genres, but you'll also find bits of my life, pictures of people and place, movies I've seen, flash fiction pieces and my daughter's drawings. Those are the things I enjoy, the things that are important to me. I'm a wife, mom, reader, wannabe writer, napper.

I live in Eastern Ohio along the river, which explains my favorite style of pizza - Steubenville style. I'm not sure how common this is outside of our region, so I thought I'd give a quick description. It's square, and the dough and sauce and a little cheese is baked and then after it comes out of the oven it's topped with the rest of the provolone and the pepperoni. So yeah, it's not greasy and it's covered with unmelted cheese - delicious. And you buy it by the slice.

2) What was you best blogging day? Your worst? Did you ever look at your Mount TBR and want to weep with the futility of it all?

This is not so much a blogging day, but it is blogging related. My stat counter hit 100,000 views and my husband decided that deserved a celebration. He brought home cake and flowers and insisted I hold a giveaway. He's sweet.

My worst blogging day was probably when I was trying to post an actual review from my phone- pure frustration.

To be honest, I love looking at my TBR pile. It's full of stories, adventures, new people, possibilities. My shelves make me smile.

3) If you were limited to a library of only 5 books, what would they be and why?

  • The Bible - lessons, comfort, advice and stories that rival the best novels or soap operas
  • A collection of Agatha Christie mysteries - I can read them over and over. I'm not a re-reader generally, but for these I make an exception.
  • A Sherlock Holmes collection for the same reason. I do love my classic detectives.
  • The Gammage Cup by Carol Kendall - I fell in love with this book in elementary school. When I re-read it with my daughter earlier this year it still held the same charm and adventure that I remembered.
  • The Three Musketeers - It's been on my to-read list forever. I would have included The Count of Monte Cristo, but I've already read it and even though I did love it, I need something I haven't read on my list.

4) If you could give one piece of advice to a new blogger out there, what would it be?

My advice is to enjoy blogging. Have fun.

5) Proust! 
Favorite Word: Extravagant
Coffee or Tea: Coffee, black
Cookie or Cake (suggestions?): Oatmeal raisin cookies
Romance or Fantasy: Romance
I'm Most Proud of  my daughter. She's smart, funny, talented, just a good kid.
I'm Scared that someone might be hiding behind the shower curtain.
Favorite Scent: Vanilla
Sweet or Spicy: Sweet


  1. Fun interview. Thanks for sharing. Come meet Sara of Glorified Love Letters.

  2. Holy Mary a new kind of pizza! I love pizza with a passion, so I'll have to add this to my list of foods to try!

  3. I love looking at my TBR pile, too, for the same reasons! It's my review/reading schedule that makes me want to weep. Great interview! (Now I want pizza...)

  4. I really enjoyed answering your questions. Thanks!

  5. I has Steubenville-style pizza once. I went to college with a girl from that area and when we went to her house to visit we had pizza. It was good.

  6. Ooh, that pizza sounds delicious! I love excellent pizza. There's a place in Sacramento, CA that's been there for years and years called Zelda's. Wonderful pizza.

    Loved the interview and both blogs.

  7. What fun! It was great to get to know Carol a little better - love her blog! I shall have to find this Steubenville pizza she speaks of (I can't believe I haven't had it - I went to school at Grove City!).

  8. Carol is one of my faves so this was fun to read!

    The pizza sounds yummy, must give that a try sometime. I agree with her on Agatha Christie, never tire of her.

  9. Great interview. Lighthearted and delightful. I can relate to the posting by phone, I thought I would die, I couldn't get home to my laptop fast enough. It was a disaster.

    Thanks for sharing a great interview. Nice to find new bloggers to follow.

    Happy BBAW!

  10. Great questions! I've been a longtime reader of Carol's, and I'm happy to discover your blog. (Jamie would be a wonderful dinner guest. He'd also be good for dessert ;))

  11. Lena - I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who tried the phone route and failed.

    Cecelia - Like I said, I'm not sure how far our pizza goes. I guess it's also called Ohio Vally style.

    Now I think I may have to stop and pick up pizza for lunch today.



Blog Template by In Between Design Studio