Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Guest Post: Charlotte Blackwell, author of The Immortal Embrace and The Forbidden Embrace

Good day to all the readers of Books Like Breathing and thank you to the wonderful blog host for having me here today. I also want to say thank you for the amazing review you did of Immortal Embrace, and no I didn’t pay her for that review...although I should have (wink).When Grace and I we communicating through e-mail about today’s post she made a special request that I talk about Sophia. I am more than happy to do so as she means so much to me.

The main protagonist of my Embrace series is Sophia. She was born in Italy as Sophia Suvanto and has a twin brother Alexander. One night shortly before their eighteenth birthday, Sophia was attacked and left for dead. Amazingly Alexander heard her screams and came to her aid. Now of course nothing is quite that simple and Sophia along with her brother were Embraced (turned to vampirism). This is when they became part of the Pierce family in 1894.

Now I don’t want to give away too much of the story, but Sophia has gone through some trying times. This has changed her and she is very shy, untrusting and scared. Sophia is sceptical about everything and everyone and just uncomfortable in her own existence. At least until fate steps in and shows her that friends, family and love are all available to her, even for a vampire. The moment Sophia realizes her existence is not all doom and gloom, she begins to grow as a person.

Once Sophia has accepted others into her tight circle she learns there is so much more to life even an eternal life. She grows as a character and in our hearts as well. She really would do anything to help others and has a huge heart that she wears on her sleeve. Although I think she will always remain a little sceptical of some. Something I think more of us do than we care to admit.

Sophia is special to me for the fact the she is created after myself and my daughter. I see so much of myself in my daughter as a teen and don’t want her to lose out on the amazing friendships she could have. This story is to show my daughter and others like her that it’s okay to trust and let other people into your life. You never know you may find something amazing.

Now before I leave, I know that Books Like Breathing is starting a new topic on the blog where authors like myself pick a topic and five books we love that fit that topic. So I am going to pick MAGICK, I love books with magickal practices. I’ve included lots of magick in my series and also have found some amazing reads that so the same.

  1. Blood, Body and Mind – Aaron’s Kiss series by Kathi S. Barton
  2. Darkest Powers by Kelley Armstrong
  3. Dark Visions by LJ Smith
  4. Blood and Magick series by Morrigan Michele and Misty Carmony (a new series out November 1st, I can’t wait for and LoVe what I have read in teasers so far.)
  5. The Embrace series by me...okay cheesy but of course I had to add my books. It would be a bad sign if I didn’t like them (wink).

Well thanks again for having me here today and I hope you all learn to love Sophia as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio