Search Me!

Loading...

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Review: The Cat Letters by Lexis de Rothschild

Publisher: Lexis De Rothschild 
Pages: 60 pages
Genre: Fiction/Humor  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazon, Nook, Sony, iBooks 

Summary from publisher:

A woman from Nantucket finds herself writing to her cat when she leaves her married lover by sailing to the Caribbean.

My Review: 

It’s not often that a book comes around that I can completely identify with and laugh at at the same time. This is one of the few.

The premise of this book is hilarious. A woman sails to the Caribbean after leaving her married lover and writes letters to her cat. What can get better than that? I don’t think anything really. I was laughing my butt off throughout most of the book. It was quirky, quirky and everything offbeat that I love. I also could identify with talking to pets or inanimate objects in times of stress. I have often asked Orange Comfy Chair what I should read next (he’s always right). I mean who doesn’t have an object or pet that represents all that is secure and comforting?

I needed something to make me laugh. I have been battling writer’s block for the last couple of weeks and I needed something to cheer me up. The chuckles I got from reading this book were more than helpful. The humor was exactly my type. It was witty and intelligent. As absurd as the idea of a woman writing letters to her cat may seem, it really makes for quite the interesting read. I also loved the illustrations. They were lovely and enhanced the book to such an amazing degree.

This is a book that I will keep around because someday I am going to need a laugh and I think the book will always be a failsafe.

 Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

1 comment:

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio