Search Me!


Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Review: Forbidden Embrace by Charlotte Blackwell

Publisher: World Castle Publishing 
ISBN: 193708552X
Pages:228 pages
Genre: YA/Paranormal  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb

Summary from publisher:

Just when Sophia Pierce thinks her eternal life will be happy and peaceful, something else happens to turn it upside down. With rogue vampires approaching the town she has learned to call home, the Pierce family must prepare for battle. With some magickal help will they be able to save Wenham? Even more trouble arises when Danika, the newest vampire of the family decides this might not be the right place for her. The Pierce family has already lost one love, Caspian, when he felt he was no longer worthy of their family name. Will Danika follow his footsteps and will he be able to save her from a fate far worse than his own?

My Review: 

I tried to begin this book as soon as I finished but my Sony needed a charge so I thought I would wait and hour and get back to it. Well, what do you know, when I tried to turn the darn thing on---nothing. Not even a “Hi! How do you do?” flash and power down. Just nothing. I ended up reading this on the good old (dependable and lovely—I really need a Nook) laptop. Thankfully this book was not very long or there would have been a serious migraine suffered here.

I really loved the last book. Sophia was one amazing heroine and her relationship with Nathanial was one of the high points. It was so realistically portrayed and I could not wait to see it continued here. And it is and it is done well. Their chemistry is still the main drawing point to this series for me---because, seriously, it’s good stuff. I do wish that there had been a little more development with Sophia and Nathanial’s relationship but I did like where the attention was diverted to so it didn’t bother me that much.

I loved that the story expanded focus to the other characters. Danika was never one of my favorite characters and, to tell you the honest to Baby Jesus truth, I disliked her with a surprising intensity. I still do but at least I understand where she is coming from—that’s something, right? I did a Dance of Joy (only children of the 80’s will understand that Perfect Strangers reference) when I learned that there will be a third book.


*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Blog Template by In Between Design Studio