Search Me!

Loading...

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Review: The Lady of the Storm by Kathryne Kennedy

Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca 
ISBN: 1402236530
Pages:416 pages
Genre: Romance/Fantasy/Elves  
Challenges-100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
Buy this Book: Amazonclip_image001_thumb_thumb, Powell's, Indiebound clip_image0013_thumb_thumbclip_image0014_thumb_thumb



Summary from publisher:

There's a thin line between duty and desire...

Giles Beaumont is stuck in a role he never wanted, trying to safeguard a woman of incendiary powers who doesn't think she needs a protector.

Cecily Sutton has no idea of the enormity of her true task and no inkling of the effect she's having on Giles. But somewhere along their perilous journey together, they'll have no choice but to uncover the deep, dark connection that binds them one to the other...

Lose yourself in renowned author Kathryne Kennedy's gorgeous love story set in a lush world made of equal parts wonder and danger.

My Review: 

The Fire Lord’s Lover was a hallmark of my reading year last year. It was amazing. It was one of the few gold star reviews I give out. I was really looking forward to this one.

Cecily was a great heroine. I really liked her on the same level that I liked Cassandra. She was just as strong and just as intelligent. I was also thrilled that she was quite powerful. Giles was selected to be Cecily’s protector and for the most part I liked him. I liked him a little less than Dominic but still he was great. He carried a torch for Cecily but was not allowed to act on it. And, in typical male fashion, sought to distract himself with random village strumpets. There was a great tension based on years of knowing each other and requited/unrequited attraction. I loved how Kennedy added an extra element to Giles character by having something terrible happen to him and having him reassess his identity and his relationship with Cecily.

So much of the novel worked so well for me. I loved the world building, the fantasy,the romance and, of course, the conflicts between Cecily and Giles. They had such an amazing chemistry. It really made the story come alive. That sounds so cheeseball but it does. I also love when the hero/heroine of previous books come back in the next book and tell us what happened to them. I was definitely pleased by the appearance of Cassandra and Dominic—and how much of a patsy Dominic was for Cassandra. It was nice to see that after all of their angst in the previous book, they are an extremely loving couple.

I absolutely can’t wait for the next book in the series. I am not usually the biggest fan of fantasy romances but this series is amazing.


Rating:

*A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for review.   My opinion is my own and has not been influenced in any way and any monies   made from associate or affiliate accounts are recycled back into the  blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by In Between Design Studio